2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

KR_ChemIntern

16 minutes ago, KR_ChemIntern said:

Also! Was there another wave from Northwestern after Dec. 23rd??

I don't think so, but based off previous results it looks like another wave could come out either tomorrow or next week

2 hours ago, KR_ChemIntern said:

Did MIT sent most of their acceptances??? are there anyone who are accepted to MIT in physical chemistry???

Piggybacking off of this, has MIT sent out chem bio acceptances yet? I've seen a lot of inorganic acceptances go out for MIT...

5 hours ago, KR_ChemIntern said:

Did MIT sent most of their acceptances??? are there anyone who are accepted to MIT in physical chemistry???

MIT just sent interviews in physical chemistry for international students today/yesterday depending on the time zone you live in

49 minutes ago, saverius said:

MIT just sent interviews in physical chemistry for international students today/yesterday depending on the time zone you live in

Really.. I didn't receive any interviews from MIT.. should it be bad sign..?

Congrats on all the great acceptances guys!
This is a weird piece of info that I found out from experience that I think would be interesting to share for future applicants.

I learned that adcoms sometimes read applications from the online database before they are completed. I cannot share more info for privacy's sake. So be careful what you upload because they do review before submission! I think this can also work in your favor if you get in your recommendations ASAP. 

I got into TAMU(!!!!) and UMontana today!!

Was not expecting the TAMU acceptance this late in the game. TAMU and UGA both have top tier bio-inorganic programs so it will be hard to pick. UGA is out of Texas (yayyyy) but TAMU is better ranked in the national rankings. It will come down to visit days I guess.

51 minutes ago, Frozen__waffles said:

I got into TAMU(!!!!) and UMontana today!!

Was not expecting the TAMU acceptance this late in the game. TAMU and UGA both have top tier bio-inorganic programs so it will be hard to pick. UGA is out of Texas (yayyyy) but TAMU is better ranked in the national rankings. It will come down to visit days I guess.

Congrats!

4 hours ago, Drink The Sea said:

Someone asked earlier in this thread, but has anyone received an interview or acceptance from MIT chemistry (biological)? 

I haven't heard anything but I also know not all divisions do interviews--I know interviews are big for inorganic but I'm not sure if they're big for chem bio. 

Does anyone know when visit dates for Berkeley, MIT, and Stanford are? I haven't been accepted at these schools yet, but I'm still a bit hopeful and am trying to be careful to not schedule overlapping school visits. 

Edited by Herbert West

On 1/20/2017 at 6:58 PM, saverius said:

Got an invitation to visit day from Stanford though no admission... What does it mean?

Most likely you will get an official acceptance email in the next few days. Otherwise check your spam inbox. If you don't get anything in a few days, I would email the Stanford admissions email.

2 hours ago, Herbert West said:

Does anyone know when visit dates for Berkeley, MIT, and Stanford are? I haven't been accepted at these schools yet, but I'm still a bit hopeful and am trying to be careful to not schedule overlapping school visits. 

Berkeley and Stanford both have visit days the weekends of March 9 and March 16. They have the same visit weekends for the sake of people who get into both. Don't know about MIT

Edited by Disselkyle

16 hours ago, Disselkyle said:

Most likely you will get an official acceptance email in the next few days. Otherwise check your spam inbox. If you don't get anything in a few days, I would email the Stanford admissions email.

I replied to the invitation email and they got back to me today. It turned out that the email with admission was somehow lost... They sent it again and everything's good now:D

Edited by saverius