2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

KR_ChemIntern

Is it bad that I still haven't heard anything from the University of Washington? I completed my application last November 1, 2016 and I saw two or three comments that they already got their admission offers. My anxiety's really bad now. ?

So I finally broke down and emailed all the schools I'm still waiting on (CU-Boulder, UWisc, UMich and Vanderbilt). UWisc got back to me and said they've made comments on my application and my application is on hold so I'm guessing I've been waitlisted but they didn't have a timeline as to when final decisions would be made. I applied organic to most places (I'm somewhere between organic and biochem though). I have been accepted to Penn State and Johns Hopkins.

15 hours ago, Ninichem said:

Do anyone get admission from UCSD after Interview? I had an Interview on Jan 24, but I do not receive any information from UCSD.

I had online interview with profs on jan 25. Then, 3days after interview,  I got an email from ucsd chemistry adcom. the email was about visiting weekend on Feb 24th. Formal acceptance letter came on jan 30th. sign up dead line for the visitation weekend is Feb 10th

@pammy the deadline to sign up for the 1st USC visitation weekend is tonight (visitation Feb 17-18) but there is a 2nd weekend March 24-25, where the signup deadline is March 10 so still time to hear good news!

@NatProdChemistry I'm with you. As of Jan 24th they said they were still underway with their review period and applicants can expect to hear anytime between now and end of March/beginning of April. Ooff.

@Jessiewicz FYI the visitation weekend for Vanderbilt is March 17-19. I'd assume we'd hear by the end of Feb knowing that but, who knows really

@agirlhasn0name Thank you for the info. Gaaah, I'm in the Philippines, it's 2 in the morning here, and I can't sleep. Anyway, I really hope to hear from them soon. At this point, anything from them will be great. Yes or no, at least a word from them will end the anxiety and endless refreshing of e-mail and application page.

Edited by NatProdChemistry

@agirlhasn0name thanks for the heads up. that is the same weekend as Johns Hopkins so looks like I will have to find my own time to go visit if i'm accepted. They got back to me and said that they should have all decisions made sometime in February (probably sooner rather than later). 

Edited by Jessiewicz

My Stanford application is still 'Submitted' but there's this thing, what does it mean and what am I supposed to do with it?

Official Document Requests

Documents can be ordered from the schools below:

UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE

Using the Document Service is optional. For detailed requirements regarding submitting your official documents, please refer to your department/program.

Initiate Document Request

14 minutes ago, Manimal ZYK said:

My Stanford application is still 'Submitted' but there's this thing, what does it mean and what am I supposed to do with it?

Official Document Requests

Documents can be ordered from the schools below:

UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE

Using the Document Service is optional. For detailed requirements regarding submitting your official documents, please refer to your department/program.

Initiate Document Request

I have it too! Apparently it doesn't mean anything :-| Here is what I found in results section on Stanford (though different program):

• "OFFICIAL DOcu*ENT REQUESTs" To the Mechanical Engineering post below, RELAX. It's really just a CollegeNET glitch to allow FUTURE applicants (2018?) to order official foreigh transcripts and have them authenticated in one shot. Here's a confirmation Email I got from the Admission office: "Dear Applicant, You may have noticed that CollegeNET recently updated the application system to allow an applicant to order official electronic transcripts and/or certification letters through their application system. At this time, no action is required of you. All applications are reviewed regardless of checklist status. We will contact you if any final credentials have not yet been received." So, RELAX and forget about this fake Official Docu*ent issue. Hope this closes this discussion. Good Luck in your application.

24 minutes ago, someapplicant said:

I have it too! Apparently it doesn't mean anything :-| Here is what I found in results section on Stanford (though different program):

• "OFFICIAL DOcu*ENT REQUESTs" To the Mechanical Engineering post below, RELAX. It's really just a CollegeNET glitch to allow FUTURE applicants (2018?) to order official foreigh transcripts and have them authenticated in one shot. Here's a confirmation Email I got from the Admission office: "Dear Applicant, You may have noticed that CollegeNET recently updated the application system to allow an applicant to order official electronic transcripts and/or certification letters through their application system. At this time, no action is required of you. All applications are reviewed regardless of checklist status. We will contact you if any final credentials have not yet been received." So, RELAX and forget about this fake Official Docu*ent issue. Hope this closes this discussion. Good Luck in your application.

Cool thanks :) I think pretty much all the admits have been sent out so I'm waiting for a rejection :D

19 minutes ago, Manimal ZYK said:

Cool thanks :) I think pretty much all the admits have been sent out so I'm waiting for a rejection :D

I called them two days ago and last week too, the guy said applications are still in review and not all acceptances were sent out and they hope to send out all decisions by the end of next week. :( 

6 hours ago, Jessiewicz said:

So I finally broke down and emailed all the schools I'm still waiting on (CU-Boulder, UWisc, UMich and Vanderbilt). UWisc got back to me and said they've made comments on my application and my application is on hold so I'm guessing I've been waitlisted but they didn't have a timeline as to when final decisions would be made. I applied organic to most places (I'm somewhere between organic and biochem though). I have been accepted to Penn State and Johns Hopkins.

Let me know when you hear back from boulder. I'm also waiting for a response. And you're probably on a waitlist for umich at this point.

Has anyone emailed Yale and heard about their timeline? (Willing to email myself if no one else has, but figured I'd check here first.) It's the last school I'm waiting on (assuming UCB is just sending rejections late) and I'm so curious (Yale MIT and Stanford were my top three programs of interest).

15 hours ago, NoMoreOrgo said:

Let me know when you hear back from boulder. I'm also waiting for a response. And you're probably on a waitlist for umich at this point.

I heard back from boulder Friday and it's a no. Apparently official rejections will be coming in the mail because my status on the website still says reviewing. If you're not seeing anything in the mail you could always try emailing them because you might be on the waitlist (they got back to me within a day). Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Nate_Chemistry said:

When emailing schools about your application status did anyone contact a specific professor or the general grad department email?

Usually the admissions coordinator of department of interest. Phone numbers and emails of those are usually posted online on university's (or department's) website.