2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

KR_ChemIntern

On 1/20/2017 at 3:05 AM, chem95 said:

any idea if GA tech replied to anyone yet (PhD chem/biochem) ?

I was accepted via email 1/18, I filled out the pre-application Oct 28th. Visitation weekends on the 1st and 4th weekends of March. Good luck!

11 hours ago, agirlhasn0name said:

I was accepted via email 1/18, I filled out the pre-application Oct 28th. Visitation weekends on the 1st and 4th weekends of March. Good luck!

congratulations! mine was submitted on November 9th and its through the institution application and still didn't hear until today! All the best for you!

10 minutes ago, Disselkyle said:

Accepted to Caltech today by phone! (applied for inorganic) Haven't gotten any other information yet.

Congrats! Hope more Caltech offers are coming out this week then. 

On another note -- did people accepted by Columbia also got offered a Dean's fellowship? Trying to find out whether this is a normal thing everybody gets or a special fellowship. Can't really find anything on the websites. 

23 minutes ago, KR_ChemIntern said:

Congrats! I applied to theoretical chem too.. and I almost lost hope

Thank you! There's no reason to lose hope, they literally just started giving out the offers. The next three weeks will be big for chemistry. Good luck!

Edited by Psyduck_1

On 1/25/2017 at 2:46 AM, Disselkyle said:

Accepted to Caltech today by phone! (applied for inorganic) Haven't gotten any other information yet.

Have they told you when the visitation weekend is?

On 1/24/2017 at 1:28 PM, Chem123 said:

Congrats! Hope more Caltech offers are coming out this week then. 

On another note -- did people accepted by Columbia also got offered a Dean's fellowship? Trying to find out whether this is a normal thing everybody gets or a special fellowship. Can't really find anything on the websites. 

I got a Dean's fellowship too at Columbia, so I'm also not sure if they just give these 'fellowships' to every graduate student whose tuition is covered.

11 hours ago, NoMoreOrgo said:

FYI CU-Boulder and UMich are still sending out decision letters and will be coming out these next couple of days.

I got a rejection from CU boulder yesterday. But there was something weird about the letter, it had this:

" We regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you admission to our program. In review of your application materials, we believe that your background and interests may have been better suited for the Biochemistry program. For this reason, we have requested that their department review your application for consideration. "

On 1/20/2017 at 0:42 AM, Chemcat said:

Does anyone know when Yale and the bulk of MIT will come out? I thought Yale at least was usually out by now... I've got an interview at Scripps La Jolla, an acceptance at Caltech, and an acceptance at Stanford so far but am waiting on Harvard, Berkeley, Yale, and MIT. Thinking I'm not into Berkeley as so many acceptances already have gone out. 

Hi

Got accepted into Yale a couple of days back! And congratulations to you for the other offer letters!

Has anyone else here got an offer letter from Yale (Chemistry)? 

3 hours ago, Sneha Kalluri said:

I got a rejection from CU boulder yesterday. But there was something weird about the letter, it had this:

" We regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you admission to our program. In review of your application materials, we believe that your background and interests may have been better suited for the Biochemistry program. For this reason, we have requested that their department review your application for consideration. "

That's pretty weird, but at least you have another shot. I mainly wrote that post for people who still haven't received decisions from either schools. Especially since someone wrote two weeks ago that all acceptance for umich were sent out already.

1 hour ago, meticulous_scatterbrain said:

Hi

Got accepted into Yale a couple of days back! And congratulations to you for the other offer letters!

Has anyone else here got an offer letter from Yale (Chemistry)? 

I think a lot of Yale went out yesterday (still no news...)