2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

KR_ChemIntern

7 hours ago, saverius said:

Admission from MIT and rejection from Princeton in one hour... 

Congratulations! When had you submitted the MIT application? And have they told when the visit weekend is?

56 minutes ago, Psyduck_1 said:

Congratulations! When had you submitted the MIT application? And have they told when the visit weekend is?

Online application submitted on 12/6, had an interview on 12/31, call from professor 1/14, official letter 1/18 and accepted the offer just now on 1/19. The visit is 3/24 through 3/26. 

I was so stupid to apply to GA tech only 

profile: 

1.5+ research experience including REU at tech 

311 GRE: 159Q 153V 

GPA: 3.75 

two grants to conduct research while in undergrad + very active in student clubs..etc. 

no publications but two posters. 

Also my recommendations included one from a prof at tech.

I did not get a response till now and I feel so guilty for not applying to other places. Any suggestions? 

2 minutes ago, chem95 said:

I was so stupid to apply to GA tech only 

profile: 

1.5+ research experience including REU at tech 

311 GRE: 159Q 153V 

GPA: 3.75 

two grants to conduct research while in undergrad + very active in student clubs..etc. 

no publications but two posters. 

Also my recommendations included one from a prof at tech.

I did not get a response till now and I feel so guilty for not applying to other places. Any suggestions? 

Even with a perfect profile and fit there is the potential of not getting into a program, it is always more wise to apply to several programs. Most PhD deadlines are up by now so you might have to wait for the next round of applications.

Does anyone know when Yale and the bulk of MIT will come out? I thought Yale at least was usually out by now... I've got an interview at Scripps La Jolla, an acceptance at Caltech, and an acceptance at Stanford so far but am waiting on Harvard, Berkeley, Yale, and MIT. Thinking I'm not into Berkeley as so many acceptances already have gone out. 

7 minutes ago, chem2017 said:

if i got an email from yale saying theyre missing a part of application yesterday is this a good sign...or just standard

It means minimally they're still looking at it--an email would indicate they just noticed though, I wonder if there were more apps than normal 

I'm hoping Yale will say something soon. My advisor hinted that Irvine may release information Fri.

I have most likely been rejected/wait list from Upenn (was on the border apparently) and Stanford. For those wondering about Upenn, they accepted 15 people in Organic this year.

If I don't hear from schools by next Friday, I will mentally prepare for waitlist/reject and will focus on the admits!

Edited by Dibenzofulvene

4 minutes ago, Dibenzofulvene said:

I'm hoping Yale will say something soon. My advisor hinted that Irvine may release information Fri.

I have most likely been rejected/wait list from Upenn (was on the border apparently) and Stanford. For those wondering about Upenn, they accepted 15 people in Organic this year.

If I don't hear from schools by next Friday, I will mentally prepare for waitlist/reject and will focus on the admits!

did penn send out all of the acceptances? even non organic? 

29 minutes ago, Dibenzofulvene said:

Do you think Stanford has sent out all acceptances already? I doubt it judging from the results database. 

2 hours ago, Dibenzofulvene said:

I wish they would just send out the rejection already. It is an excruciating wait and I have no admits to focus on...