Someone is reading my application right now

DBear

@DBear Yep! Letters too. Sigh. Your quick application decision does give me hope though! I'm glad this forum is here so that I have people who understand the level of terribleness that is a fully wiped application, lol.

Nothing I can do about it now except get my nose back to the grindstone for a few days! They did say they'd waive application fees for those who were affected, so there's that silver lining! 

@Marshall It would be absolutely WRONG of them to take your money again after they screwed up! I really hope they were apologetic.

Hopefully, this will be the only negative thing that pops up in your application process and everything else will be smooth sailing!

See large envelope in the mail. Heart rate goes nuts, blood rushes to brain, hands start shaking. Oh thank god, this is it. At least one place has accepted me. Everything will be okay and I can rest easy. Nope, it's a sample packet from a publishing company that my mother requested. Dammit.

@Charlsa that is the worst! I think I'll just ignore my mailbox when I get closer to admissions decisions times. (Hahahahaha yeah right, like I'll actually be able to do that....)

@Marshall I am so sorry to hear that! I hope all goes smoothly this time around and that you get an answer sooner rather than later!

53 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Yesterday was a roller coaster of a day... Got nominated for a scholarship in Canada and rejected by Chicago (luckily in this order).

Congratulations!! Judging from your signature I'm guessing it's McGill? Congratulations on getting in to a great school. This really is a roller coaster, isn't it? Hopefully the breaks work and this ride won't kill all of us.

Dalhousie, McGill is still sitting on my application (although they should say something anytime now). I guess a little bit of vomiting is worth it if we can survive the ride...

11 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Dalhousie, McGill is still sitting on my application (although they should say something anytime now). I guess a little bit of vomiting is worth it if we can survive the ride...

Oh! Congratulations still! Yep, let's just make sure our seat belts are fastened so we don't fall out!

8 hours ago, PhDorBUST said:

Yay! Where at????

7 hours ago, DBear said:

Congratulations!! You'e :') says it all! 

51 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Congratulations for your offer as well, and good luck with the rest in case that was not your top pick :)

Thanks to all! :) I'm very glad to see you all 3 have acceptances as well!! Indeed it was one of my top picks: it's a great university in California. I'm extremely happy.

Seeing all of these acceptances makes me so happy. I hope the grad school gods  shine on me- I'm just never sure if hundreds of dollars in application fees, the tears of my soul, and a GRE test prep book burned at the altar is enough of a sacrifice...

@GunningForGrad you're way nicer than me, seeing other people getting accepted made me nervous and envious :/ I told the grad school gods I'd give em my first born! Also, I heard they prefer that you pass on your GRE prep books to other students so that they have fresh new victims to take your place once you've gotten your acceptance! 

29 minutes ago, DBear said:

@GunningForGrad you're way nicer than me, seeing other people getting accepted made me nervous and envious :/ I told the grad school gods I'd give em my first born! Also, I heard they prefer that you pass on your GRE prep books to other students so that they have fresh new victims to take your place once you've gotten your acceptance! 

Hahahaha well to be fair right now I'm at a standing point. I have interviews the next three weekends and I won't hear anything about acceptances until after I see how those go. If two of them go well, then I would have to attend a callback weekend. So things are happening! But acceptance notices are a long way off for me. The only thing I can be anxious about right now is 1. Hearing from my fourth and final school in hopes I get an interview and 2. Hoping I don't royally screw up my interviews. Plus I think it's good juju to support the community as a whole! A success for one is a success for all!

Haha I think the grad school gods may run along the lines of Greek gods where there is a different one for various departments and focuses! A first born isn't in my future so I wouldn't want the gods to think I'm tricking them with an empty promise. And my area of focus actually doesn't even require the GRE which is great news. I may just stock up on my sacrifices to my tried and true god, Dionysus (the god of theatre and wine). Those sacrifices usually involve killing a bottle or two of wine in a night- easy to do when you're waiting to find out your future!

@GunningForGrad That sounds like a long wait - good luck! I hope all the interviews go amazingly! I'm all for good juju, but since I couldn't control my petty side, I decided to give back to the community through good deeds - hopefully it'll work!

And thanks for the image of the Grad school gods hahaha that's too fun! 

I'm still feeling bad about my rejections because those came from places where the conversations with the prospective supervisors were flowing and very positive. I wouldn't care at all to be rejected from places that don't speak to mere peasants, but for these ones it feels like I disappointed the senpai that noticed me T_T

20 hours ago, Feanor said:

I'm still feeling bad about my rejections because those came from places where the conversations with the prospective supervisors were flowing and very positive. I wouldn't care at all to be rejected from places that don't speak to mere peasants, but for these ones it feels like I disappointed the senpai that noticed me T_T

Ugh..... I know what you mean... That's how I felt after the POI who interviewed me stopped replying to my email. We had a good conversation flowing before so I felt like I absolutely disappointed her during the interview. But as someone mentioned, there are many factors that may have gone into the decision and your POI may be just as disappointed as you are to not be able to extend an offer. :(

3 hours ago, GeorgeC07 said:

So I got an acception with funds on Monday, the first week I anticipated most programs start to send out admissions, which was absolutely a good start. The following weeks are going to be crucial.

Congratulations! It's good to have that but I found I'm still anxious after the first admit and even less patient...

24 minutes ago, DBear said:

Congratulations! It's good to have that but I found I'm still anxious after the first admit and even less patient...

Same here too! I am checking my email every hour..and also checking my spam folder as well! 

36 minutes ago, caffeinatedK said:

Same here too! I am checking my email every hour..and also checking my spam folder as well! 

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I had an interview and an admit both on the 25th - in fact, the admit came while I was on the Skype interview. Then, absolutely nothing has happened. So the excitement of thinking the end of this torture is near has turned into more anxiety....