Fall 2010 Admission Results

Did Toronto actually extend the deadline or was it a mistake? Because what happened to me was the deadline on the department site said one thing, the application said another, and then the online system said something else.

I know for sure that the deadline for submitting supplemental materials (recs, specifically) was extended by a week or so...as for the entire app, I don't know...

Yeah I contacted them when I saw the deadline for supplemental material had passed (it had said Jan 15 and then changed to Jan 8). They said it had happened to a lot of people so they were allowing us to submit stuff until the 15th. That's probably where the week extension came from.

UVA updated my application yesterday to say that one of my transcripts (which I knew was there; the office told me so when I called last month) was there.

So...

I think perhaps they're not anywhere close to making decisions this year despite the previous few years.

Or maybe I should not extrapolate anything from my application being updated because it probably just means that my application was updated :)

A second UPenn acceptance is up. Considering the campus is closed that seems weird, plus last year acceptances went out the third week of Feb. Then again, people can email from home too. I guess I won't believe it (or the two Cornell acceptances) until they get legitimately claimed here.

For cornell and penn to be trickling notifications out just doesn't make sense to me. Both Tina Slater and Pat Kozak would have sent out mass emails or notifications or something! Someone's just having a little fun on the results pageangry.gif

I haven't had any news in a week. So boring.

Alas you have an acceptance to one of my top choices though. Not claiming that makes it any easier for you - I wouldn't know. But I'm still in the "Do I even have a future?" stage of anxiousness.

Alas you have an acceptance to one of my top choices though. Not claiming that makes it any easier for you - I wouldn't know. But I'm still in the "Do I even have a future?" stage of anxiousness.

I wasn't even worrying about the whole process before I got my first offer. Being accepted by one place actually made me so much more nervous about the others. I just wasn't expecting to hear from Stanford, especially not that early, so I was getting on with my life. Now however I have been sucked into this crazy paranoia, especially about Harvard, which is my top choice.

I am really happy about Stanford, but I have my heart set on another place, if that makes sense. smile.gif

I have an interview at Aberystwyth, which is nice. The oldest department of international politics in the world! And also quite a pretty part of Wales.

Not heard anything about other schools - although everyone seems to think that UT-Austin decisions will be out this week...?

I wasn't even worrying about the whole process before I got my first offer. Being accepted by one place actually made me so much more nervous about the others. I just wasn't expecting to hear from Stanford, especially not that early, so I was getting on with my life. Now however I have been sucked into this crazy paranoia, especially about Harvard, which is my top choice.

I am really happy about Stanford, but I have my heart set on another place, if that makes sense. smile.gif

Totally get it :)

Well, I hope you make it to Harvard and then do really well. Then maybe write me a letter of rec in a couple years time and hopefully I get good news from Chandelle :)

I wonder if the Pittsburgh acceptance was a hoax. It was only 1, a week ago. DonĀ“t you think at least 2 or 3 would have received similar letters?

I received a letter the same day as the acceptance, I was waitlisted. :/ I also refuse to believe the Cornell or Penn acceptances because of how they have acted over the past few months, and after I found out the Brown acceptances were completely fabricated.

Edited by anxiousmike

UChicago is out.

Congrats Tan, that looks like a great offer! (I hope you get your acceptance as well ferrero, sorry for assuming you posted it)

btw: anyone find it odd that these cornell acceptances say polisci instead of government on the results page?

Edited by anxiousmike

btw: anyone find it odd that these cornell acceptances say polisci instead of government on the results page?

I find it odd that they would reject someone over the phone - I mean, how many phone calls are they going to make? (Or maybe he called and was told he was rejected?)

Anyway, I hope they don't call me to tell me that I am rejected - it is midnight here now and I have to get up early tomorrow morning...

I find it odd that they would reject someone over the phone - I mean, how many phone calls are they going to make? (Or maybe he called and was told he was rejected?)

Anyway, I hope they don't call me to tell me that I am rejected - it is midnight here now and I have to get up early tomorrow morning...

I got an email from a cornell professor telling me that they expect decisions to be reached in the first half of march. The professor has been credible thus far, I can't find reason to doubt them...I've been claiming from the beginning that those cornell acceptances were a hoax

Edited by anxiousmike