Fall 2010 Admission Results

maybe i'm being too optimistic, but i've got a feeling that penn is staggering its decisions. i talked with the department yesterday and they said they added something to my file that afternoon. i don't think they'd have done that if they could tell i'm on the "no" list... fingers crossed!

maybe i'm being too optimistic, but i've got a feeling that penn is staggering its decisions. i talked with the department yesterday and they said they added something to my file that afternoon. i don't think they'd have done that if they could tell i'm on the "no" list... fingers crossed!

Have any theory people been accepted to Princeton?

I'm playing this game as well. If I get only bad news over the next few days I might just have to disappear into the mountains for a few days, I'm wearing pretty thin.

backstreets, on 16 February 2010 - 10:57 PM, said:

do you think NYU might be doing the same? they asked for my transcripts last week, after they had already announced results (going by this forum).

i guess im being needlessly optimistic given they announced all acceptance in early feb last year and all rejections (again together) in march.

I know, I was thinking of you Ziz when I was writing that. Here's to us theory peeps! :-P

Lol my mom was the one who said "but maybe they're doing it by subfield." I doubt it, because last year they sent out all acceptances on the same day and rejects the next.

Lol my mom was the one who said "but maybe they're doing it by subfield." I doubt it, because last year they sent out all acceptances on the same day and rejects the next.

Yeah I tend to agree, based on previous results. But who knows I guess. It's no rejection until you get the letter. :)

backstreets, on 16 February 2010 - 10:57 PM, said:

do you think NYU might be doing the same? they asked for my transcripts last week, after they had already announced results (going by this forum).

i guess im being needlessly optimistic given they announced all acceptance in early feb last year and all rejections (again together) in march.

I hope so! i just don't see the point of updating records if you know you're not going to consider someone further. i work at a university, and we don't have that much time on our hands, haha. maybe they admit the sure things first and then haggle a little longer over the maybes. i'm not totally panicky since i'm in with funding at texas and uva, and texas is perfect for public law, but it would be nice to have the extra option...