Fall 2010 Admission Results

According to his posts, Pilsar is at UCSD. So no reliable info on Columbia........

Ya but according to his/her posts on last year's board, s/he seemed to know in advance when schools were going to release decisions. Obviously has some 'ins'.

According to his posts, Pilsar is at UCSD. So no reliable info on Columbia........

If the file was completed correctly on the applicant end, it was reviewed by Columbia. This means transcripts were sent in and all letters were received. That is the applicant's responsibility.

The conspiracy theories on this board this year are mind boggling. It just seems like yesterday that you were openly referring to one of my advisor's students as living in a 'fantasy land' because s/he got accepted to all the schools s/he applied to. I've tried to be helpful by sticking around this year and providing some context based on my experience wearing as a former employee of a graduate program, a former applicant, and now a graduate student. Since it seems that my insight is not wanted, I'll cease visiting.

-PS

When I started this thread back on January 15, I had no idea that it would take me three months to finally hear from the place that was my first choice. However, it indeed did. I was admitted off the wait list at the University of Rochester about an hour ago and will be going there this fall.

For anyone else who's still waiting, I wish you the best of luck! I must say that I'm going to miss posting on this thread but as it comes to an end think it's pretty cool that there are over 3,000 posts and almost (probably by the end of the day!) a quarter million views.

This is such a relief to finally know where I'm going to be!

When I started this thread back on January 15, I had no idea that it would take me three months to finally hear from the place that was my first choice. However, it indeed did. I was admitted off the wait list at the University of Rochester about an hour ago and will be going there this fall.

For anyone else who's still waiting, I wish you the best of luck! I must say that I'm going to miss posting on this thread but as it comes to an end think it's pretty cool that there are over 3,000 posts and almost (probably by the end of the day!) a quarter million views.

This is such a relief to finally know where I'm going to be!

Mozoltov!

Congrats to so many! I've had acceptances it seems from UI-Chicago, and Leiden, both of which are apparently coming through post but are not going to arrive for a while due to the Iceland volcano!

I FINALLY heard from my last two schools, both today. I received an email rejection from UCSD (IR/PS) Ph.D, who referred me to their MPIA and an acceptance from Georgia State.

What a remarkable conclusion to your application process.

I FINALLY heard from my last two schools, both today. I received an email rejection from UCSD (IR/PS) Ph.D, who referred me to their MPIA and an acceptance from Georgia State.

Congrats! Have you decided which offer you're going to take?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I know this is a late reply and you probably don't care. But, look at the professors at each school. It is all about the type and quality of resource you have in reach during next four five years. Like the other comment, Berkeley devotes a significant resource to Econ/Finance in both A&S and Haas. But, if there exists someone whom you want to work with towards your doctoral degree at Anderson, then that should be your top choice. Just my two-cent...

LHF

• 6 months later...

Yeah I'm having a similar experience on both counts:

a) reading Habermas closely these days is collapsing me into metaphysics and epistemology more so than before, and hence into phil. territory and

B) here's hoping for full clarendons for both of us!

Got the Clarendon?