Fall 2010 Admission Results

Anybody know what's up w UVA? In previous years they've announced decisions right around today's date. Was a little surprised we didn't hear anything yesterday. I don't think C'Ville got as clobbered with snow as the DC area, and I believe the campus was open yesterday.

Oh, also, in a bout of restlessness just because ANY news would be nice at this point, even from a school that I would probably turn down for UC-Davis, I called UT-Austin and inquired. They said e-mails will be sent out "in the next day or two" and that hard copy letters will be sent out sometime next week.

Oh, also, in a bout of restlessness just because ANY news would be nice at this point, even from a school that I would probably turn down for UC-Davis, I called UT-Austin and inquired. They said e-mails will be sent out "in the next day or two" and that hard copy letters will be sent out sometime next week.

Thank you.

anyone willing to call Yale?

anyone willing to call Yale?

Someone called on Friday and was told they would send out decisions within the next few weeks, I believe. I'm not saying that's actually what they'll do, but that appears to be the official story they've decided to tell callers up until they start sending decisions. But still, new information is always nice! So if anyone is willing to call Berkeley, that'd be great too!

Anyone having more news from Pittsburgh? blink.gif

They sent out letters last week, but I don't know if they're trickling out or if was all at once. I haven't heard of anyone being sent a rejection letter. Just acceptances and my darn waitlist notification.angry.gif

EDIT: I hear they're closed because of snow, however.

Edited by anxiousmike

Congrats Berkeley acceptances! Given that 13 people posted acceptances last year and that Berkeley has a very large program, I don't think they are done yet unless state budget problems forced them to take a smaller incoming class. To the accepted - was this from an individual professor emailing you or a mass email from the director of graduate studies?

"""Harvard UniversityGovernment, PhD (?)Accepted via E-mail on 9 Feb 2010A9 Feb 2010Informal email from a professor letting me know decisions were made and I was among the lucky few."""

And so it begins for those bold souls. Congratulations on whoever made it in, that is quite an achievement!

Edited by anxiousmike

Someone called on Friday and was told they would send out decisions within the next few weeks, I believe. I'm not saying that's actually what they'll do, but that appears to be the official story they've decided to tell callers up until they start sending decisions. But still, new information is always nice! So if anyone is willing to call Berkeley, that'd be great too!

In the results board there is an informal rejection from Yale... maybe they are done with decisions... cool.gif

Edited by bacata55

Congrats Berkeley acceptances! Given that 13 people posted acceptances last year and that Berkeley has a very large program, I don't think they are done yet unless state budget problems forced them to take a smaller incoming class. To the accepted - was this from an individual professor emailing you or a mass email from the director of graduate studies?

Email is pretty from the chair, and pretty generic, so it appears as though it is a mass email.

FYI for those of you who have been asking about visit dates: the Berekely visit dates are March 7-8.

"""Harvard UniversityGovernment, PhD (?)Accepted via E-mail on 9 Feb 2010A9 Feb 2010Informal email from a professor letting me know decisions were made and I was among the lucky few."""

And so it begins for those bold souls. Congratulations on whoever made it in, that is quite an achievement!

eeeeeeeeek! My heart just sank! Ahhhhhhh. I was preparing for this mental breakdown end of Feb. no no no no no! blink.gif

Congratulations to the person that got in. I am dying of jealousy right now! Would you reveal your subfield, if you happen to read this, please? smile.gif

Edited by Oxon

Who knows when the official notifications will go out! I bet you'll make it, no worries!

I am literally shaking. GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??

Where did you find this? On the results page? I can't find it. I think I'm losing it!

OK I found it. But still shaking.

Edited by Oxon

Ok, is there a reason someone keeps rating my posts negatively? Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't think the above post is at all offensive.

I've been noticing that as well. It seems to be -2 each time, so maybe there are two people out there who don't like you for some reason. I wouldn't worry about it; it's their problem. (Although I am getting a bit sick of having to +1 you and a few others because you've been unfairly targeted for negatives.) It looks like it happens every time you talk about anything that involves your applications to Ivies or highly ranked schools. Jealousy, perhaps? (And that's coming from someone with very modest school choices.)

I guess the person who got into Harvard has better things to do than reveal their identity right now... Champagne?!

Sincere congratulations to you! smile.gif

I keep my fingers crossed for everyone else who is still waiting!

I've been noticing that as well. It seems to be -2 each time, so maybe there are two people out there who don't like you for some reason. I wouldn't worry about it; it's their problem. (Although I am getting a bit sick of having to +1 you and a few others because you've been unfairly targeted for negatives.) It looks like it happens every time you talk about anything that involves your applications to Ivies or highly ranked schools. Jealousy, perhaps? (And that's coming from someone with very modest school choices.)

I agree. No worries, Cpaige. Somebody out there needs to grow up and I need to get in at least one school. Oh God, please help us both on this snowy, blustery day.

Sorry people for the silly question at this point, but im just wondering if there is any possibility that if you did not receive an e-mail, you may still be accepted via post (im an european student so Im hoping there might be some letters crossing the atlantic right now...)?

Wait...before I go postal, someone better claim that U of Minn acceptance that just got posted! Wtf, I thought we all got that e-mail that it would be early March...

I talked with the Minnesota admissions coordinator to update my work information, and she said (yesterday) that they're still reading application files. So they're definitely not providing admissions decisions yet.