Fall 2010 Admission Results

Hey, congratulations! By the way, do you see any change of your online status? I haven't heard anything from them, and my online status is "pending."

I can't vouch for cpaige, but mine still says "pending." The letter was from the department saying they'd "recommended that I be admitted," so I'm guessing the Graduate School hasn't yet updated their info.

I can't vouch for cpaige, but mine still says "pending." The letter was from the department saying they'd "recommended that I be admitted," so I'm guessing the Graduate School hasn't yet updated their info.

Thank you. I just saw your comment, and please ignore the messgae I sent, lol.

Cpaige- Congrats! It's clear that you've put a lot of time, energy and enthusiasm into this process, and it's clearly paid off with your acceptance to such a great program! I have a feeling next week will bring good news for even more of us!

Cpaige- Congrats! It's clear that you've put a lot of time, energy and enthusiasm into this process, and it's clearly paid off with your acceptance to such a great program! I have a feeling next week will bring good news for even more of us!

Ditto the above. Kudos to cpaige and here's hoping that the news good news trickle turns into a flood starting February 1!

Is anyone claiming the Illinois one? Got me dead nervous now, ready to answer the phone, but logically it would be cruel for them to do that since it's 2AM!

Hello all. Thought I'd post on here after lurking for so long. I received one of the UIUC acceptances. I got an email from the Director of Graduate Studies yesterday saying she wanted to discuss the program with me, then a call later that evening informing me of my acceptance. I'm assuming they will be making calls through the end of the week. Needless to say, I am pretty excited. It's my first acceptance and they offered a 5 year funding package. Here's hoping it won't be the last.

Hello all. Thought I'd post on here after lurking for so long. I received one of the UIUC acceptances. I got an email from the Director of Graduate Studies yesterday saying she wanted to discuss the program with me, then a call later that evening informing me of my acceptance. I'm assuming they will be making calls through the end of the week. Needless to say, I am pretty excited. It's my first acceptance and they offered a 5 year funding package. Here's hoping it won't be the last.

Congrats! It's good to hear that the rumors about UIUC not funding their incoming cohort didn't pan out. Best of luck with the rest of your schools!

Sincere congrats! I haven't recieved any such e-mail so not looking fantastic for me, but never mind that :)

Since it seems most people received letters from Wisconsin today, I'm not rating my chances of admission as very high. Still holding out hope that the letter will come tomorrow, though. More waiting. I think we're all becoming good at that.

I have no doubt they are fake.

I am absolutely shocked by the level of paranoia (and lying) on these boards. I am the first Stanford poster. I have never posted anything on this forum before, and likely will not again. But I would like to assure you that I did indeed get an email from Stanford and now also funding information. I am very very excited to have gotten in - and I simply imagined that the act of letting people know would be appreciated.

At any rate, I wish you all the best of luck in the rest of the process - and I hope that I don't have to have the pleasure of meeting those who would like see their potential colleagues' heads implode.

I am absolutely shocked by the level of paranoia (and lying) on these boards. I am the first Stanford poster. I have never posted anything on this forum before, and likely will not again. But I would like to assure you that I did indeed get an email from Stanford and now also funding information. I am very very excited to have gotten in - and I simply imagined that the act of letting people know would be appreciated.

At any rate, I wish you all the best of luck in the rest of the process - and I hope that I don't have to have the pleasure of meeting those who would like see their potential colleagues' heads implode.

I'm already in grad school, so I have no stakes in the admissions process. I was just trying to calm the nerves of the people applying who were freaking out. Didn't mean to rain on your parade, especially considering I had no idea that the parade occurred. Congrats nonetheless.

Edited by plisar

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :) And I'm sure next week will bring good news for many more of us! To the above poster: I saw you got into UNC. Congrats! Was that a letter in the mail? I haven't heard from them yet, so I hope I'm still in the running!

Thank you! Congrats on your admissions as well.

A letter came in the mail from the graduate school. It was short on details; just informed me of my admission and said I'd be received funding information at a later date. I'm not sure when the department will send out letters. I was actually a bit surprised to receive a letter from UNC so soon.

Thank you! Congrats on your admissions as well.

A letter came in the mail from the graduate school. It was short on details; just informed me of my admission and said I'd be received funding information at a later date. I'm not sure when the department will send out letters. I was actually a bit surprised to receive a letter from UNC so soon.

It seems that a few programs are sending out decisions earlier than usual this year, like Davis.

I can also confirm the Stanford acceptances are legit. I got in tonight and I'm really excited!

I'm in American politics.

Congrats! Just wondering if there was any change in your "submission status" when you access your application?

Congrats to all so far! Question- have we really discounted the Brown acceptances on the results page? As an applicant, its a little nerve-wracking to not have heard from them, as they were a "safety" school for me, although in this field nothing is safe anymore :P

I do know the Boulder admits are legit as a friend was accepted earlier this week.

Congrats to all so far! Question- have we really discounted the Brown acceptances on the results page? As an applicant, its a little nerve-wracking to not have heard from them, as they were a "safety" school for me, although in this field nothing is safe anymore :P

Brown had an acceptance rate of 4% last year. Not a safety - just not ranked very high. Still wildly competitive for admissions...

Also, congrats to everyone who got acceptances so far! It must feel great!!

If you haven't already, could you please share what your subfield is? (Just so those of us who didn't hear back yet can gauge our chances at the particular school...) Thanks!