Fall 2010 Admission Results

Why are so many folks so arrogant to assume that just because they applied to a school and have not been contacted while others claim to have been contacted that it must be fake? Not all decisions are made at the same time any given year, and sometimes it takes over a month or two for some places to get through the files and generate a possible cohort size (or a bit larger) list of admits. Having said that, if there is a good reason to be suspicious then by all means go ahead. Otherwise it is a bit off-putting (and unfair imo) to those who have been accepted and choose to post the anonymous results, but choose not to post here. Just my thoughts.

Edited by Bobb-Cobb

I agree with cpaige about being suspicious about the Cal Berkeley acceptances purely because of logic/circumstance not arrogance. For another example, Brown acceptances were posted even before the deadline for the PhD application (Feb 1) and nothing I saw on the website indicated that they have rolling admissions.

I think when people post questions here regarding what appears on the general results page, they are just looking for more information on what is going on; this is an anxious time for everyone and the process isn't always clear.

I agree with cpaige about being suspicious about the Cal Berkeley acceptances purely because of logic/circumstance not arrogance. For another example, Brown acceptances were posted even before the deadline for the PhD application (Feb 1) and nothing I saw on the website indicated that they have rolling admissions.

I think when people post questions here regarding what appears on the general results page, they are just looking for more information on what is going on; this is an anxious time for everyone and the process isn't always clear.

I understand the feeling, as I suffered through the process last year. I do know how it feels to see results posted at a place I applied, and then not hear anything for a long while. This year I am on the other side of that situation as some folks had initially thought that the TAMU posts were not legit. My point was just that we should consider that these things are not scientific processes, and that there are many issues at play at many of these schools...especially in these economic circumstances. On the other hand, there can be logical assumptions made, and I agree with the thoughts on deadlines/time to admits posting etc., but we should also consider that these are true. While the past results provide a good guide, they are not full proof. Also, as I said, some people choose not to post here for a variety of reasons.

I understand the feeling, as I suffered through the process last year. I do know how it feels to see results posted at a place I applied, and then not hear anything for a long while. This year I am on the other side of that situation as some folks had initially thought that the TAMU posts were not legit. My point was just that we should consider that these things are not scientific processes, and that there are many issues at play at many of these schools...especially in these economic circumstances. On the other hand, there can be logical assumptions made, and I agree with the thoughts on deadlines/time to admits posting etc., but we should also consider that these are true. While the past results provide a good guide, they are not full proof. Also, as I said, some people choose not to post here for a variety of reasons.

This is true. I think we have to remember that most schools have not even really started admissions or admissions for the bulk of their classes. With the flurry of CU acceptances today I asked my buddy if he heard back, and he called CU and was told to wait a week. I hope we all start hearing back by next week, and no longer than two weeks from now.

So I guess UNC has already started the reviewing process?

I e-mailed them a while back with a question (that they must have been too busy to get to) that you guys may be able to help with. On the appliction status page under transcripts it says "partial recieved" for the school I am currently attending (it says "full recieved" for those I took classes from in high school). I was told UNC needs transcripts through the fall of 2009, so they should have those by now as my University sent them 2 days after grades were posted. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it always going to say "partial recieved" until the actual FINAL transcript is sent? I just hope my file hasn't been thrown out because I didn't "complete" it. Thanks for any help!

Edited by yellowshoes

I agree with Ferrero. I really think that aside from those early, early acceptances to Berkley, we need to take any other information as likely to be true. People aren't just going to anonymously post false information for their own amusement. It's a fact that admissions cycles do take time and that some people are going to get in earlier than others.

Congratulations to whomever was admitted to Stanford. That's quite an accomplishment!

I am also highly excited to claim one of the Wisconsin-Madison acceptances. Full funding (with exact details on package to follow) for 5 years of study in American Politics.

At the same time, I'm hoping someone will come forward to claim the Stanford acceptances, as it is another of my top choices. I'm curious to learn the subfields of the admitted applicants. (I know one of them posted CP.)

I'm claiming the UW-Madison, acceptance. :)

Hey, congratulations! By the way, do you see any change of your online status? I haven't heard anything from them, and my online status is "pending."