Fall 2017 Education Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections

hopefulPhD2017

On 3/11/2017 at 8:40 AM, ed_applicant said:

I just received an e-mail from NYU Steinhardt (MA in Education and Social Policy). I'm in! So excited!

I just got in yesterday morning too! (M.A. TESOL) Sounds like financial aid info will be coming out in about two weeks. For those who are interested, I submitted my materials just a few days before the February 1 deadline. Congrats ed_applicant and good luck to everyone!

On 12/03/2017 at 9:51 PM, harrar said:

I just got in yesterday morning too! (M.A. TESOL) Sounds like financial aid info will be coming out in about two weeks. For those who are interested, I submitted my materials just a few days before the February 1 deadline. Congrats ed_applicant and good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone, has anyone who applied to the Educational Leadership, Policy and Advocacy (ELPA) course at NYU heard back? 

Hi everyone,

Since sharing is caring here are my results: I applied Masters in Higher Education Student Affairs (the title of the program various a lot, but since my emphasis is HESA all programs share similar curriculum). I got accepted by University of San Francisco, USC, San Diego State, University of Washington, Columbia University Teachers College, and New York University, which are all the programs I've applied this year. My first acceptance was USF in January and I got my last acceptance in TC on Monday (more like used a trick to log in admitted student portal prior to admission status update).

My top choice is New York University, and I just got matched with my top 1 assistant-ship this past weekend after the Recruitment Days. The actually formal admission letter isn't out yet, but I know where I'm going now. ;)

Hey guys,

Are there any (especially international but any info is appreciated) here who plans on going to OSU? Have you guys heard anything official on your funding? Thanks!

On 3/20/2017 at 11:18 AM, pj060690 said:

For anyone who has been accepted at Teachers College or NYU Steinhardt, is there any insight you can share in terms of scholarships/aid for international applicants?

I'm an international who got accepted for an MA in Curriculum & Teaching at TC on Friday, and emailed the TC financial aid office yesterday about my aid status. Got the following reply the same day:

"The department made their first round of scholarship decisions last week. Unfortunately, you were not awarded funding during the first round. However, if funding becomes available and you will be considered for scholarship funding. If you are awarded funding, you will receive a financial aid award letter detailing the award." 

1 hour ago, Int_EdPolicy said:

I'm an international who got accepted for an MA in Curriculum & Teaching at TC on Friday, and emailed the TC financial aid office yesterday about my aid status. Got the following reply the same day:

"The department made their first round of scholarship decisions last week. Unfortunately, you were not awarded funding during the first round. However, if funding becomes available and you will be considered for scholarship funding. If you are awarded funding, you will receive a financial aid award letter detailing the award." 

Thank you. I was also told that they are going to be making more decisions in the next few weeks. I also got my acceptance on Friday so don't see how we could have been considered for that first round either :/

Welp. I posted earlier (weeks and weeks ago), but I have accepted University of Michigan's offer. Will be doing their dual degree in Higher Education and Public Policy. Very excited to get up there and get back into the classroom! 

5 hours ago, justkelia said:

Welp. I posted earlier (weeks and weeks ago), but I have accepted University of Michigan's offer. Will be doing their dual degree in Higher Education and Public Policy. Very excited to get up there and get back into the classroom! 

Congrats! I've heard great things about their program 

On 3/9/2017 at 10:41 AM, megpie said:

It was the EdD program. And, no, I did not interview.

Hi-- do you mind sharing your stats and work history? I've heard that this program is great for working professionals.

Hello everybody! I've started a Facebook group specifically for Penn GSE 2017-2018 students to connect. You can find it here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1346667225378828/

Please feel free to share with others you know what have been accepted but may not be on this forum.

Thank you! :)