Waiting as a Comp Lit person

I don't know... Berkeley for instance was supposed to send answers by end of Jan. if I refer to an email I received. I think we're very few on GC so who knows if some have already received answers? Bleh~ 

2 hours ago, Yanaka said:

I don't know... Berkeley for instance was supposed to send answers by end of Jan. if I refer to an email I received. I think we're very few on GC so who knows if some have already received answers? Bleh~ 

Email them. I applied to Berkeley English, so different situation, but as far as I can tell they're running a bit later this year.

Ugh. It's more about wanting to be able to plan the upcoming months... I see the board has a few answers but maybe there are no other Berkeley Comp Lit applicants on Grad Café :P

3 minutes ago, Straparlare said:

I'm sorry to hear that! Is it better to know?

Ugh--I don't know, honestly. I guess it is? Did you apply to Berkeley, too?

2 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

Ugh--I don't know, honestly. I guess it is? Did you apply to Berkeley, too?

Not their Comp Lit. I applied to their Rhetoric program because a prof suggested it and said it wasn't like a regular rhetoric program. I'm still patiently waiting.....

Interesting. I hope you'll get in, if it's the right fit and all, of course! It really seems to be a wonderful campus. But everything progressive is my thang. :) 

I see another complit applicant did not survive the Berkeley cut. I'm feeling a little less lonely now.

Someone heard back from UChicago yesterday? The Humanities Division website says that POIs don't contact... so it's weird that they said the POI told them they were admitted... 

I'm the person who posted about Berkeley and Judith Butler. :D It was such a shock! I'm still waiting to hear back from Penn and Yale. @ThePomoHipster, it looks like we have applied to essentially all the same US programs with the exception of Duke. I also applied to Cornell an Princeton, though.

Best of luck to everyone~

7 minutes ago, gyeum said:

Someone heard back from UChicago yesterday? The Humanities Division website says that POIs don't contact... so it's weird that they said the POI told them they were admitted... 

I'm the person who posted about Berkeley and Judith Butler. :D It was such a shock! I'm still waiting to hear back from Penn and Yale. @ThePomoHipster, it looks like we have applied to essentially all the same US programs with the exception of Duke. I also applied to Cornell an Princeton, though.

Best of luck to everyone~

Did you just die receiving an email from Judith Butler? Congrats on Berkeley! 

hey fellow complit applicants. I just found a post on the result board by someone who got an interview from CUNY complit on 2 Jan, which seems to be very early (or maybe the poster meant 2 Feb). I hadn't noticed it because it is posted as 'complit' not 'comparative literature'. Has anyone else heard back from CUNY yet?

10 hours ago, gyeum said:

Lucky duck! :D Haha great minds think alike. I checked out what you wrote about your writing sample on the other thread and it sounds like we also have very similar research interests and unconventional methodology (I also analyze a bunch of mediums other than just literature). Hopefully we get into at least one of the same places! My verbal GRE score was atrocious though so I wouldn't be surprised if I only end up getting into Canadian schools.

@Yanaka thanks. I'm only kinda bummed because one of my LOR writers was from that program and she said I'd be great for it. Personally, I don't think it would have been the best fit with what a lot of current student's interests were but eh. Just trying not to spiral into thinking that I was a complete fool and they'll all be rejections. Good luck to you on your remaining!

On 1/31/2017 at 5:30 PM, Yanaka said:

Okay, now I'm basically almost-near-close-to convinced I'm rejected everywhere!

hahahaha and that's like one day after the waiting started!!

i feel you! but you'll do great! cz you are great!

otherwise, they are not great for you!

keep the faith

<3