Emerson/SLPA questions

Hey guys!

I see lots of people have landed an interview at Emerson!

just curious who got an interview for the regular program and who got an interview for the low residency program?!

also, anyone know what states hire SLP-A's?

36 minutes ago, kayyyyy_ said:

I got an interview to the low residency program via Skype.

California hires SLPAs, that's where I work!

Same! except I work in Maryland as an SLP-A. Im thinking about relocating!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 8:15 AM, Ejt5100 said:

It depends. I'm still exploring states that hire SLP-A's. Possibly FL or CA!

You should check out CA's website (SLPAHADB) to see what the licensing requirements are for the state. If you decide on relocating to CA, make sure you research the area. SLPA jobs can be plentiful in some areas but difficult in others. Salary also varies by location. If you get into grad school you can also work as an SLP on waiver in certain parts of CA. Good luck!

10 minutes ago, jabo21 said:

I'm curious to see how they narrow down everybody. I have heard they interview a very large pool, so fingers crossed for future good news, everyone!

Did you apply to their low residency program or on-campus program?

16 minutes ago, jabo21 said:

@BeachySpeechy I applied for the on-campus program. The interview's length makes me feel like it's just an extra tool for sorting through applications, but I'm not sure what the ratio of applicants interviewed to accepted actually is....

Someone from last year (or the year before that) said they only accept those who they interviewed and it looks like they accept 1/4 - 1/3 of the people they interview.

It's going to be a little different this year because they have a new low residency program, so I'm sure they're interviewing a lot more applicants because of the new program.

1 hour ago, BeachySpeechy said:

Is early March for the low-residency program as well? I'm so confused because the application deadline is different for the two programs at Emerson. 

Yeah that's what I was told. Have you heard from them yet?

1 hour ago, kayyyyy_ said:

Yeah that's what I was told. Have you heard from them yet?

Not yet...it's only been a week since I submitted my application. It's so hard to wait patiently! I haven't heard from anyone yet and it's been pure torture. :( Early March seems so soon considering the priority deadline to apply is early March lol. Don't get me wrong...I hope we hear earlier than early March haha...but their dates don't really line up. 

12 hours ago, BeachySpeechy said:

Not yet...it's only been a week since I submitted my application. It's so hard to wait patiently! I haven't heard from anyone yet and it's been pure torture. :( Early March seems so soon considering the priority deadline to apply is early March lol. Don't get me wrong...I hope we hear earlier than early March haha...but their dates don't really line up. 

Well early March could be in the next 2 weeks! Don't worry you'll hear soon. 

1 hour ago, Ejt5100 said:

Anyone know why they are still taking apps for the low residency program? It says the deadline was 2/1... this sucks! I want to know if I got in!!!!

This CSDCAS deadline was 2/1 but the website deadline is later... no idea why they did this

5 hours ago, Ejt5100 said:

Anyone know why they are still taking apps for the low residency program? It says the deadline was 2/1... this sucks! I want to know if I got in!!!!

Admissions to the low residency program is granted on a rolling basis from March through April 22, and they will begin releasing decisions in March. If you applied early you will probably hear from them first.