Playwriting MFAs

dampka

On 2/18/2020 at 11:50 AM, Cowboy38 said:

Did they get into CMU?

also did you get an interview with Northwestern? Congrats! 

They did not. I did misspeak, this was 3 years ago, they just graduated. They applied to 3 schools: Columbia, CMU and a 3rd. They got accepted into the other 2 and picked Columbia. I recall they didn't enjoy their interview w/ CMU. Wasnt the right match 

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker here. 

I applied to BU this year, but not sure of what my chances are/ when I'll hear back. 
literally ANY info on anything BU would be much appreciated!

Other than that, I just want to wish you all the absolute best of luck!! This process is so tough and we gotta support each other ?

On 2/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, space94 said:

Thanks and congrats! Did anyone else who applied hear from Hunter? 

On the Hunter front, I know last year they contacted applicants in waves (one earlier in the process and one later). That may have been a factor of the fact that the program was in transition last year, but it may also be that they read and reach out in batches. ?‍♀️time will tell...

Edited by kevinmalone

Has everyone else who applied to Michener heard something? Noticed that there are two notifications about rejections from Michener on the results page, but I was neither contacted for an interview nor was I notified about a rejection...

Anyone else in the same boat?

35 minutes ago, kevinmalone said:

On the Hunter front, I know last year they contacted applicants in waves (one earlier in the process and one later). That may have been a factor of the fact that the program was in transition last year, but it may also be that they read and reach out in batches. ?‍♀️time will tell...

You are a saint. Did you not hear anything, either? 

9 minutes ago, Coffee&Flowers said:

Has everyone else who applied to Michener heard something? Noticed that there are two notifications about rejections from Michener on the results page, but I was neither contacted for an interview nor was I notified about a rejection...

I applied to Austin T&D and haven't heard anything at all. Not the same as Michener but not *not* the same?

12 minutes ago, space94 said:

You are a saint. Did you not hear anything, either? 

No, I haven't! But I interviewed last year and was part of the second batch of applicants they reached out to then. I also have a good friend this year who I'd be shocked if he didn't get called in, and has hasn't heard anything yet either. It's truly anyone's guess at this point, but I wouldn't lose hope just yet :)

8 minutes ago, jck349 said:

I applied to Austin T&D and haven't heard anything at all. Not the same as Michener but not *not* the same?

Same! But my friend was asked to come to campus as one of 3 finalists this weekend – I believe just for T&D, but the finalist group may also include Michener folks. I also saw on the MFA Draft Facebook groups that a few people were rejected from Michener. 

19 minutes ago, kevinmalone said:

Same! But my friend was asked to come to campus as one of 3 finalists this weekend – I believe just for T&D, but the finalist group may also include Michener folks. I also saw on the MFA Draft Facebook groups that a few people were rejected from Michener. 

Yeah, I heard about people getting invited for the campus interview! At this point I guess they're probably just waiting until they've made their acceptances before giving notifications? Whooooo knows. Congrats to your friend!

1 hour ago, Coffee&Flowers said:

I noticed on the MFA Draft page that people were getting rejected via the portal (no email or anything, their status just changed). Checked my portal, and I'd been rejected. (Not from T&D yet, just Michener).

43 minutes ago, littlered11 said:

I noticed on the MFA Draft page that people were getting rejected via the portal (no email or anything, their status just changed). Checked my portal, and I'd been rejected. (Not from T&D yet, just Michener).

Ugh same. Rejected by Michener, "In review" with T&D

2 hours ago, kevinmalone said:

No, I haven't! But I interviewed last year and was part of the second batch of applicants they reached out to then. I also have a good friend this year who I'd be shocked if he didn't get called in, and has hasn't heard anything yet either. It's truly anyone's guess at this point, but I wouldn't lose hope just yet :)

This is good to know! I have a lot more hope hearing this, and also I was fully expecting you to make it to the interview process just based on your history with Hunter. Good to hear about your friend--I won't give up yet! And now that you mention it, I do actually remember Hunter sending out interview requests in batches last year. Good luck, guys!

8 hours ago, littlered11 said:

Thank you. And... just got the rejection email from Michener. Not surprised, given the fact that folks were invited for an interview, but now it’s official.

Fingers crossed for one less school now. ☺️

15 hours ago, kevinmalone said:

OK, this makes me feel better! Even if misplace, it's nice to have some hope to hang onto...!

13 hours ago, littlered11 said:

Gosh, that doesn't seem like the kindest way to let people know they're not getting in: just a status change... Or am I being too sensitive?

1 hour ago, pinkornament said:

Hi all, I received a call from Yale earlier this week about coming in for an interview in early March, so they've moved on to the finalists stage.

Congratulations!!!

15 minutes ago, jck349 said:

That's awesome!! Break legs! Where else are you waiting to hear back from?

UT Austin, UCSD, Hunter, Northwestern, and given what people have mentioned I'm probably out for the count on all four of those, the script reading lottery works in mysterious ways

31 minutes ago, pinkornament said:

It's been a very pleasant surprise; it's been radio silence elsewhere.

The right calls come when it's time :D Bundle up! I don't know where you're from but I was freezing at my visit lol