Texas programs acceptances fall 2017

Mered

Hey there!

I'm a Texas gal born and raised and l only applied to in-state schools. I'm really hoping starting this thread isn't a bad idea/going to freak me out but as we are getting closer to the acceptance period I am getting curious about when people are going to start receiving good (or bad) news! I know we're still a few weeks out from the "mid-march" acceptance period, I thought Texas applicants could use this thread to share their current situations/questions/concerns and hopefully get connected with a friend or two that ends up choosing the same program. I've personally not heard back from anywhere, even though I know classmates who've already received acceptances from UT Dallas (I realize this may be because they submitted their apps a couple of months before me). Other places I applied were UT Austin, University of Houston, TCU, UNT, TWU, and Texas State. Good luck to everyone!!! 

I haven't received any emails about acceptances yet. I applied to UTD, TCU, UNT, UH, Texas State and Texas A&M-Kingsville. I also applied to various programs in California, Kentucky, Tennessee and Oregon. I have a few interviews with some programs but haven't heard anything else. Waiting is the hardest part!

I'm also from Texas and I applied to UH, UTD, and UT-Austin. I just heard yesterday from UH to come interview next week! Kinda nervous cause I can't seem to find any information about what to expect...? Good luck to everyone! 

4 minutes ago, Chai Tea Latte said:

I do. A girl from my undergrad is currently enrolled in their program.

Oh awesome! How does she like the program? I don't know anyone who attends their program, but they were super helpful during this entire process.

On 2/21/2017 at 1:11 PM, thuytien said:

I'm also from Texas and I applied to UH, UTD, and UT-Austin. I just heard yesterday from UH to come interview next week! Kinda nervous cause I can't seem to find any information about what to expect...? Good luck to everyone! 

I didn't know University of Houston had interviews. Did it say on their website they have interviews?

1 hour ago, SayWhatYouNeedTo said:

I didn't know University of Houston had interviews. Did it say on their website they have interviews?

Their website doesn't say, but I've seen past posts on this site of people getting invited to be interviewed.  

I got a

3 hours ago, paceslp said:

I received an invitation to interview at SFA. I was told that they will be emailing all applicants today.

letter from SFA, saying they will need my transcripts and proof of degree. Is that good? or bad? I have not recieved an email yet. :(

1 hour ago, edardi1 said:

Their website doesn't say, but I've seen past posts on this site of people getting invited to be interviewed.  

I didn't know either, and no it didn't say so on their website! 

3 hours ago, edardi1 said:

did they tell you when else they are emailing other people, or did they do so all at once?

They did not say when else they are emailing other people, but the interview is next week fro Tues-Thurs so I'm guessing the e-mails should have been released all at once for interviews. I don't think it means you're rejected if you didn't get an interview invitation though! It says "to interview for possible funding opportunities, such as departmental scholarships and assistantships."

They said acceptances will be released mid-March!

19 minutes ago, thuytien said:

They did not say when else they are emailing other people, but the interview is next week fro Tues-Thurs so I'm guessing the e-mails should have been released all at once for interviews. I don't think it means you're rejected if you didn't get an interview invitation though! It says "to interview for possible funding opportunities, such as departmental scholarships and assistantships."

They said acceptances will be released mid-March!

Thanks!  Good luck to you! :)

• 3 weeks later...