2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

I'm sorry but you had an interview at SVA? Do you mean you set up an interview yourself or did they call you and invite you for an interview? As far as I am aware anyone can have an interview at SVA but they do not interview as part of the acceptance process.

Upenn:

Dear Nathan,

We are currently evaluating applications and will be making decisions in the next few weeks. On March 22 after 12 noon EST, you can log back into your online application and view your notification letter. In the meantime, if you are applying for financial aid, be sure to submit your FAFSA or Penn International Financial Aid Application if you haven't done so already.

Upenn:

Dear Nathan,

We are currently evaluating applications and will be making decisions in the next few weeks. On March 22 after 12 noon EST, you can log back into your online application and view your notification letter. In the meantime, if you are applying for financial aid, be sure to submit your FAFSA or Penn International Financial Aid Application if you haven't done so already.

Just got that too. At least we know when and how we'll find out :)

I'm sorry but you had an interview at SVA? Do you mean you set up an interview yourself or did they call you and invite you for an interview? As far as I am aware anyone can have an interview at SVA but they do not interview as part of the acceptance process.

Oh, well they sent me an email requesting that I interviewed with them, it read:

"The MFA Designer as Author application review committee ... are pleased to let you know that your application has been selected from over 260 submissions as a first round candidate for the class of 2012. The next step will be an interview with one of the co-chairs. ..."

does that help?

Oh, well they sent me an email requesting that I interviewed with them, it read:

"The MFA Designer as Author application review committee ... are pleased to let you know that your application has been selected from over 260 submissions as a first round candidate for the class of 2012. The next step will be an interview with one of the co-chairs. ..."

does that help?

Hey! I interviewed for the same program. Good luck to you. Keep us posted!

Has anyone heard from RISD Digital Media? I think they do interviews, and if they are supposed to let people know by the 24th that is starting to look not too promising.

Yea I went ahead and emailed the department about whether they conduct interviews, and this was the response I got:

We are still right in the middle of the review process. Telephone interviews sometimes happen but are not mandatory for admissions. Please let me know if you have more questions, thanks!

I got this response yesterday, so I dunno how that effects March 24. But it was good to hear that so far, no news is still good news! Good luck to you!

does that help?

Yes, I spoke and interviewed with them in November and at that time they told me that they do not conduct interviews once the applications are received. I guess something changed.

nathan! i got the same email! its killing me. the website was actually updated to say the 1st of april recently and id much rather wait for another month (which seems so far off) then this apparent countdown that landed on my lap this morning. i really really want to go there and the suspense may kill me.

good luck!

Upenn:

Dear Nathan,

Rejected:

U of Michigan

Carnegie Mellon

Accepted:

UNC-Chapel Hill

Still Waiting on:

Tyler

Ohio University

Indiana University-Bloomington

RIT

Have anyone else heard from any of the last four schools? The wait is terrible and this is one time that Spring Break could not finish soon enough!!!

University of Cincinnati-Accepted with $

Yale- Rejected

Alfred- Alternate

Waiting on...

USC

STANFORD

TYLER

VCU

If I havent been called about an interview....Im assuming I didn't get in...Any insight would be great! I can't wait any longer.

So long, folks! What a fun and nerve wracking time this has been....

As of today (my birthday actually), I was accepted with generous funding to the summer program at MICA. (My top choice!!!)

I got to see our studios and the Mt. Royal facilities...I am so stoked. Totally sold. Affordable and first rate. laugh.gif Best of luck to you all!!!! My photo peeps...Boy, are you guys crazy talented from the links I saw of your work....Looking forward to seeing everyone blossom in grad school. And for those with disappointing outcomes---DO NOT GIVE UP.

Please PM me if you wanna stay in touch.

Here was my final list:

GMU- Accepted pending funding

Maine College of Art-Accepted full funding

VCU-Interview scheduled for next week

MICA Summer & MICA Photo-Accepted with nice aid package; Chose summer program.

Edited by littlenova

Oh wow! This is an awesome forum!

Hi everyone, I'm applying to MFA in Graphic Design (or similar) and my stats are:

Rejected:

VCU

YALE

MCAD

Interviewed:

MICA

SVA

Admitted:

SAIC

Pending:

RISD

Cranbrook

Parsons

has anyone got any word on the pending ones?

Cranbrook emailed for an interview a few days ago (Sculpture). It seems like they want everyone to come for a visit.

So long, folks! What a fun and nerve wracking time this has been....

As of today (my birthday actually), I was accepted with generous funding to the summer program at MICA. (My top choice!!!)

I got to see our studios and the Mt. Royal facilities...I am so stoked. Totally sold. Affordable and first rate. laugh.gif Best of luck to you all!!!! My photo peeps...Boy, are you guys crazy talented from the links I saw of your work....Looking forward to seeing everyone blossom in grad school. And for those with disappointing outcomes---DO NOT GIVE UP.

Please PM me if you wanna stay in touch.

Here was my final list:

@littlenova // Congratulations! What a birthday gift, eh? I was told by the associate director during my interview that MICA GD department offers an Mac equipped studio space for each student accepted to their department and that they are more generous thus more competitive than Yale and RISD in terms of funding and they make sure every student is included in the benefit. Because GD department is becoming more well-known, they are expanding department space and student body as well this year. MICA is really running better programs each year.

@chickenpotpi // I did my RISD GD interview on Monday. As far as I know, they're conducting interviews with applicants the whole week.

I was told by the associate director during my interview that MICA GD department offers an Mac equipped studio space for each student accepted to their department

It's really affordable for what you get...The studio spaces/labs are huge!

It's really affordable for what you get...The studio spaces/labs are huge!

Let me just rephrase it. GD students share a spacious studio space together, each assigned a Mac-equipped workstation. Bad English.

Just got the rejection email from UCLA. I applied in their interdisciplinary area. It was an email that forwarded me to their website. So the count so far is:

SAIC Performance - Accepted

UIC Moving Image - Accepted

Columbia New Genres - Interview

Yale Sculpture - Rejected

UCLA Interdisciplinary - Rejected

UCSD - Rejected

SAIC Printmaking - Rejected

RISD Sculpture - nada

USC - zip

CalArts - zilch

Yes, I spoke and interviewed with them in November and at that time they told me that they do not conduct interviews once the applications are received. I guess something changed.

Well, based on some of the posts on this forum. I think none other but the Graphic Design MFA program conduct interviews. So, are you applying for GD?

I have a friend that went there a couple of years ago and he interviewed as well.