Michigan Ford 2017

TheSenator

5 minutes ago, dash87 said:

Congratulations to all the selected candidates...you have received results for the 2-year MPP or the 1-year MPA??

2 Year MPP for me. 

1 minute ago, sharma_enthusiast said:

Kashmir, you?

Vadodara...i think only MPP emails have been sent as of now..MPA later today may be...kindly update here if u receive any mail

For whatever it's worth - I called the admissions office and was told, "one way or another, you should hear a decision today". That doesn't seem to be consistent with data from previous cycles, but maybe they're doing things a little different this year? I specifically asked about the MPP program.

6 minutes ago, TheSenator said:

For whatever it's worth - I called the admissions office and was told, "one way or another, you should hear a decision today". That doesn't seem to be consistent with data from previous cycles, but maybe they're doing things a little different this year? I specifically asked about the MPP program.

Thank you for calling and checking for those of us who haven't heard anything yet. At least we'll know today at some point (hopefully). 

6 minutes ago, sharma_enthusiast said:

Certainly! Did you apply for other schools as well?

yes..rejected at UC, Berkeley , awaiting Oxford Blavatnik MPP and LKYSPP MPA

2 hours ago, dwestlakeg said:

Same as y'all @Garcia, @sandover, and @dollybird! Anyone planning on going to the visit day?

Congratulations, @turkish coffee, that is insane! So cool. I probably won't go, because I don't think it's financially viable for me to attend. My heart breaks a little. I am still grateful to be accepted and for the 1/3rd funding. Now for the tough decisions.

3 minutes ago, sturdyelm said:

Got in, but with no funding. Disappointed, but I guess that helps narrow my decision. Best of luck to all who got in!

Same here. Its a bummer, but best of luck to everyone who got in!

Got in with no funding too! Didn't have high expectations as an international applicant, though I was hoping for a little.

Congrats to all of you who got accepted, hope to see some of you at visit day.

Edited by aaresident

Got in with full tuition fellowship!! I have admissions from Texas A&M Bush School (15k scholarship= full tuition/fees +3k) and Minnesota-Twin Cities Humphrey School (yet to hear about funding). Admitted to HKS MPP as well, just waiting for financial aid decisions. UMich Ford School is a great school, but HKS has always been my dream school. I'm just torn between these options, but I think that I'd decide between HKS and Ford School. Tough choices ahead!  Congrats to all admitted. Those who are not, just don't give up and follow your dreams.

Edited by Samir

5 hours ago, aaresident said:

Got in with no funding too! Didn't have high expectations as an international applicant, though I was hoping for a little.

Congrats to all of you who got accepted, hope to see some of you at visit day.

Congratulations!! Wow I'm so happy to see so many people on here getting acceptances. <3 

6 hours ago, dollybird said:

Congratulations, @turkish coffee, that is insane! So cool. I probably won't go, because I don't think it's financially viable for me to attend. My heart breaks a little. I am still grateful to be accepted and for the 1/3rd funding. Now for the tough decisions.

thank you so much, but don't give up hope yet, especially if this is your top choice school. There is a fellowship that covers full tuition for two years and provides you with an internship in the Mayor of Detroit's office (that's a big deal!), and Michigan will give you an answer if you apply before you have to accept/reject your offers from other schools, so you'll know ahead of time if you have the funding or not. 

On top of that, Michigan has a lot of GSI (same thing as TA) positions available and there's a good chance you'd get it for at least one semester. These positions cover tuition fully for that semester that you work, and also provide you with health insurance I believe. Let's say you only did it for 2 out of your 4 semester, that's still a 50% scholarship essentially, along with your 1/3 tuition scholarship, your tuition is suddenly is much more manageable and maybe comparable to other schools you are considering. I don't want to push you in one way or another, I just want you to know that these opportunities exist, and Michigan probably has more money to give than any other school when it comes to TA/RA positions and summer internship funding. If you're interested in studying a language, which Ford allows, you could always apply to the FLAS academic year fellowship, which would fully cover your tuition the second year as long as you take at least 1 regional studies course and 1 language course each semester of that year.