Haven't heard back from ANY program?!

charolastra

Has anyone else not heard back from any of the programs they applied to? I've been checking the results page on GradCafe, and some programs I applied to have sent out acceptances and waitlists, and even some rejections, but I haven't heard anyyyyything, which is driving me insane and increasing my levels of stress. is anyone else experiencing this? What does this mean?! what do we do!

I haven't heard anything! Although all I see are early pre interview rejections on the results page for me, so I'm still holding out hope. Although I applied to a school's MA program, and interviewed on the 24th of January. As far as I can tell, no one has heard from this program yet.  However, my friend applied for the same school's PhD program, interviewed Friday, and found out today that she got in.  It is the same department evaluating interviews. Also, she found out via email, and they told us we would find out via snail mail

8 minutes ago, meep95 said:

I haven't heard anything! Although all I see are early pre interview rejections on the results page for me, so I'm still holding out hope. Although I applied to a school's MA program, and interviewed on the 24th of January. As far as I can tell, no one has heard from this program yet.  However, my friend applied for the same school's PhD program, interviewed Friday, and found out today that she got in.  It is the same department evaluating interviews. Also, she found out via email, and they told us we would find out via snail mail

I'm holding out hope too since technically, I haven't received a rejection. it feels like an implied rejection, but I would much rather have an actual rejection so I can get my mind off of it. I wish you the best of luck during this time of waiting!

I finally got my first rejection email a few days ago, but every other program I have applied to I have still not heard anything from. Some of them are on the results board; rejections, acceptances, wait listed, and scheduled interviews. I have emailed a few of them just incase I didn't get notified of a decision for whatever reason, and they've said the board is still deliberating. It's starting to drive me crazy. 

I have yet to receive any news from all three programs i applied too.

One of the school has already sent out admittances so i guess things don't look so good to me.

For another two schools, one announced they will release this week, while another school should be around mid March

I haven't received anything either. 7 programs, and 2 of them seem to have sent the first round of acceptances out. 

HOPEFULLY I still have some chances.

I will try to relax until the next week, since schools have said that decisions will be made between mid-March to early April. 

I've seen several people on here talk about how no news means you've still got skin in the game so I would maintain hope! I'm in a holding pattern myself at the moment, but I also applied to very few programs so I'm starting to make plans on what to do if the hammer drops and I'm left holding the bag (errr the rejection letter). I know waiting is the literal worst but try to stay positive! As long as you haven't received a rejection that means an acceptance could still come. Perhaps you're in their second wave of acceptances and they're waiting to figure out how funding will work out.