FEBRUARY IS IT!!!

coffeeandtoast

One big plus of living in Vancouver this year: everyone's too distracted with the Olympics to pester me much about my results coming in..

The negative being, of course, that if I get in somewhere awesome, the Olympics will undoubtedly steal my thunder! :rolleyes:

PS: to clarify (I tend to forget that people outside this city have yet to be hit with the Olympics tsunami lol), the 2010 games are pretty much taking up all the later part of February, and my university campus will be closed Feb 12 to March 1st. Just as I sit and wait by the phone..

Edited by melusine

One big plus of living in Vancouver this year: everyone's too distracted with the Olympics to pester me much about my results coming in..

The negative being, of course, that if I get in somewhere awesome, the Olympics will undoubtedly steal my thunder! :rolleyes:

PS: to clarify (I tend to forget that people outside this city have yet to be hit with the Olympics tsunami lol), the 2010 games are pretty much taking up all the later part of February, and my university campus will be closed Feb 12 to March 1st. Just as I sit and wait by the phone..

Don't tell me that your schools will be closed because of the Olympics!? Though if this is the case, I'm actually pretty envious. I can't concentrate at all. I'd love to give up the pretense of focusing on my work, but alas, school just started again.

Comp Lit tends to notify in February, doesn't it? I've noticed that in past years, it's usually either at the same time or a bit earlier than English programs (which generally notify the second through last weeks of February). Good luck!

This month means either the end or the continuation of dreaming about my first semester at my top choice school. . . blink.gif Best of luck to all!

Ugh, exactly. I read another post somewhere advising us all to embrace the waiting process, since at least for now we can daydream about our limitless futures. It's only after the decisions come that we have to face reality. Boooooo...

I'll hear this week if it's good. Otherwise, I'm stuck 'till March

Don't tell me that your schools will be closed because of the Olympics!? Though if this is the case, I'm actually pretty envious. I can't concentrate at all. I'd love to give up the pretense of focusing on my work, but alas, school just started again.

Comp Lit tends to notify in February, doesn't it? I've noticed that in past years, it's usually either at the same time or a bit earlier than English programs (which generally notify the second through last weeks of February). Good luck!

Thanks! Best of luck to you and all our other literary/language dept. cousins!

And yes, we actually are closed because of the games. I'm at UBC and our campus ice-rink and hockey arena will host some of the training and hockey events. I actually have no clue what's going to happen- I live on campus and from what I've been hearing, we're going to be pretty cut-off/paralyzed for most of the month. <_<