Hofstra's Open House

I've been waiting to hear back since people got accepted this week and my heart skipped a beat when I saw that I got an email from Hofstra but it was asking me to attend an open house ..?

4 hours ago, slpgrad620 said:

I've been waiting to hear back since people got accepted this week and my heart skipped a beat when I saw that I got an email from Hofstra but it was asking me to attend an open house ..?

YEP. Saaaame here. Smh. That's why I'm wondering if going to the open house will up my chances of getting in if they meet me or something ??

13 hours ago, speechie95 said:

I would definitely attend! I went to their open house two months ago, and I thought it was really informative. Made me love the program!

Did you feel like they remembered you? Were there moments to "shine" during the open house or not really? 

8 hours ago, slpgirl898 said:

I think I am going! I think its good to go to at least learn about the program and even if you're waitlisted they can put a name to a face. 

Oh wow, I just saw your reply. I actually just made the impromptu decision to RSVP just now for the same reason lol Trying to figure out in my head what's the appropriate attire

16 hours ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Did you feel like they remembered you? Were there moments to "shine" during the open house or not really? 

No, not really. There were about 30-40 other people there, and it was pretty general. I would definitely still check it out though!

5 hours ago, SLPtobe1093 said:

when is the open house? is it the same day as the accepted students day on april 7?

It was today lol 

2 hours ago, speechie95 said:

No, not really. There were about 30-40 other people there, and it was pretty general. I would definitely still check it out though!

Yeah. I agree. It was pretty much the same thing. I was hoping to "schmooze" someone significant in the admissions process but I believe there was no such person present. Oh well. At least I tried ? I do agree though.. It def made me come out there thinking I'd really like to go there if I get the opportunity to (with some funding). Seems like they really pay attention to their students

Edited by SpeechLaedy