PoliSci 2007-2008 Cycle

farty14

peppermint-

I was a PhD student at Emory seven years ago; now I'm going through the process again (and applying to Emory again - sigh). Obviously each division handles things differently, but my division (religion) sends out invitations in late January for their top candidates to visit campus in late February. In some of the "sub-areas" in religion, this means you are accepted -- i.e., they only invite people for whom they have a slot. For other "sub-areas", they invite more people than they have openings and let them fight it out. Long answer to your question; maybe it helps.

Thanks for the replies!

I just received an e-mail today from the department confirming that my application is complete. So there go any fantasies of hearing this week (or probably next). At least they're reviewing applications this early. One of my other programs isn't starting the process until late February.

Hi All,

So I was on yuster and I saw that someone was informed of their acceptance into UC-Davis's political science program. Ummm... well... now I am jumping out of my skin! Has anybody else heard anything? It is freaking driving me nuts ALREADY!

I've not heard anything yet and don't really expect to until early February. I know someone on one of the Livejournal forums got in at American, but that was for a masters program. Where have you applied besides Texas?

I applied to Columbia, Yale, UPenn, Brown, UChicago, Boston University, Stony Brook, American,  WUSTL, New School, and MIT. My top choice would either be Columbia or Brown, but hey, I am probably on the same page with a couple hundred other people!

Sorry if you have posted elsewhere, but what about you?

crazypoligirl said:
I applied to Columbia, Yale, UPenn, Brown, UChicago, Boston University, Stony Brook, American, WUSTL, New School, and MIT. My top choice would either be Columbia or Brown, but hey, I am probably on the same page with a couple hundred other people!

Sorry if you have posted elsewhere, but what about you?

Stanford, Berkeley, San Diego, Texas, TAMU, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Illinois, Duke, and WUSTL. I thought about applying to MIT but decided against it because I'm no fan of cold weather (despite my application to Wisconsin). Now that Ansolabehere has taken a job at Harvard, I suppose I saved myself the cost of the application because he was the primary reason I'd thought about applying there.

I am actually posting under a different moniker b/c thegradecafe wouldn't let me log on. I am farty14.

I had some trouble logging in yesterday too. I deleted the cookies, restarted my browser, and all was well. Try it maybe?

I saw that someone else (the earliest poster on the results page) posted a rejection, so I checked the website. The page I checked said something ominous like "application not approved". I'm not particularly surprised, as they're a really hot program and it wasn't really the best fit. With some rankings placing them in the top 5, it really epitomized the term "reach school", I just wasn't expecting to get dinged by anyone this early. At least I can rest assured that the students who get accepted will really want to be there.

I'm sorry to hear that, dude. Out of curiosity, did they send you an e-mail or did you just see it on the website after randomly checking?

did anyone get in ohio state....i was rejected online this week.

somehow didnt really want to go there and got an acceptance from FSU the same day but it is still annoying

Congrats on the acceptance to FSU!

I've not yet received notice from tOSU. Judging by the entries here and on Yuster, Ohio State usually seems to start notifying people of decisions in early February, so perhaps I'll know more next week.