PoliSci 2007-2008 Cycle

farty14

Waiting no more...denied. For me the application was obligatory (and result expected). No faculty really shared my interests.

Why was it obligatory (asks the person not in polisci)? Like why apply if no faculty match your interests?

hah, i only posted once with the "Yesss"

the others were different notes, so they may not post in this thread.

i received an email, which must have been sent about 10:30 pm west coast time. No word on funding yet, which I knew would be the case thanks to the boards.

i wouldn't give up hope yet. I think it was either 2006 or last yr. where some more people got in a week after the first batch.

hello all! this is my first post after lurking for awhile.

in @ Berkeley which is absolutely fantastic. still need to hear from four more schools...

anyone in at Stanford or Yale?

I can't believe Yale received 8,600 applications! In fact, I don't believe it...doesn't quite make sense, unless the poster was applying to the undergraduate division...

It's official, rejected at Illinois. I was a bad fit at their program anyways, but seeing as how they were one of my lower middle/safety schools, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting in anywhere. Well I guess it's time to grow up and actually start using my law degree, blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

right. that makes much more sense.

hey policiapps. haha... i've already headed the call.

i'd like to preserve my anonymity but i guess i can say my gpa is below a 3.5, but i did very well in poli sci courses, especially in my last two years--late bloomers, there is hope for you. I went to an HYPS and had stellar recommendations (I hope, I think) which probably made a very big difference. i've been out of school for a bit and have some kick-ass international experience. i scored above a 700 on both sections of the GRE, but i am told that doesn't really matter.

good luck to everyone.