PoliSci 2007-2008 Cycle

farty14

agh! someone else posted an acceptance from wisconsin. this week is going to be agonizing. :(

No need to fret. My status is still unchanged, too. We'll know soon enough, but it seems a bit suspect to me because judging by the archives, Wisconsin has notified its admits via e-mail. None of the three admits from this cycle have reported being contacted via e-mail, so color me skeptical, especially since none of them have posted in this thread. We'll see. I could be way off.

No need to fret. My status is still unchanged, too. We'll know soon enough, but it seems a bit suspect to me because judging by the archives, Wisconsin has notified its admits via e-mail. None of the three admits from this cycle have reported being contacted via e-mail, so color me skeptical, especially since none of them have posted in this thread. We'll see. I could be way off.

haha, thanks- you are right. i am being very irrational because this is the first school (out of the the ones i've applied to) to post any acceptances or rejections, or anything at all. i'm in freak out mode and need to calm down! it does help that the people on the forums who have applied to wisc have not heard anything yet.

i just have to remain calm. maybe i should take up meditation. :)

haha, thanks- you are right. i am being very irrational because this is the first school (out of the the ones i've applied to) to post any acceptances or rejections, or anything at all. i'm in freak out mode and need to calm down! it does help that the people on the forums who have applied to wisc have not heard anything yet.

i just have to remain calm. maybe i should take up meditation. :)

I know what you mean. I was lucky enough that my first decision was an acceptance from a good program (UNC), so I guess I've been able to be a little bit less stressed out during the rest of the process. It won't be so bad once you get your first admittance.

Edit: Also, I never understood the incentive to make false posts. Who gets off on that?

I don't mean to say that the Wisconsin posts are fake. They could be accurate, it's just that they look a little suspicious considering the method by which admits have been notified in recent years. If someone posted about it in this thread, I'd believe it.

FYI: Chicago will be making decisions soon. I am nervous.

Edit: Also, I never understood the incentive to make false posts. Who gets off on that?

agh! i am so excited/nervous about chicago as well.

and, i also don't understand why people would post false results... are they really that bored?

I know what you mean. I was lucky enough that my first decision was an acceptance from a good program (UNC), so I guess I've been able to be a little bit less stressed out during the rest of the process. It won't be so bad once you get your first admittance.

thanks. congrats to you on your acceptances. i thought about applying to UNC but in the end it wasn't a very good match for me. still, it seems like a great program!

thanks. congrats to you on your acceptances. i thought about applying to UNC but in the end it wasn't a very good match for me. still, it seems like a great program!

Thanks!

What are your fields of interest? Mine are American (behavior, campaigns, and parties) and methods.

FYI: Chicago will be making decisions soon. I am nervous.

how do you know about chicago? are you basing this off previous years? or do you have an inside connection there? just curious. chicago is one of my top choices.

so you know someone inside? one of the secretary's there told me some files were in review a few weeks ago, so i'm guessing we might hear from them in the next week or so (admittees, at least).

I'd rather not say how I know, but my impression is that decisions should go out soon.

I also applied to Wisconsin and my status has not changed. In fact, I got this email from the graduate program coordinator (Deb McFarlane) late december:

Hello Reynaldo,

Just wanted you to know that all of your application materials have

arrived. We do a single review of application and we should be able to

let you know if you have been recommended for admission by mid-March.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

Deb

No need to freak out (for now)... Those posts might be phony.... :)

I also applied to Wisconsin and my status has not changed. In fact, I got this email from the graduate program coordinator (Deb McFarlane) late december:

Hello Reynaldo,

Just wanted you to know that all of your application materials have

arrived. We do a single review of application and we should be able to

let you know if you have been recommended for admission by mid-March.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

Deb

No need to freak out (for now)... Those posts might be phony.... :)

Thanks. Yeah, I got that email as well. Like I said... just being irrational. Thanks for the reassurance! :)

The other issue is that I am an international student and I don't know if those decisions are forwarded first to the international student center or whatever.

Are you an international applicant "silencio1982"???

In any case, as I said before, i'm not going to Madison even if accepted so i can cede you my potential spot!!!

Reynaldo

The other issue is that I am an international student and I don't know if those decisions are forwarded first to the international student center or whatever.

Are you an international applicant "silencio1982"???

In any case, as I said before, i'm not going to Madison even if accepted so i can cede you my potential spot!!!

Reynaldo

Nope, I'm American. :) Thanks for the spot offer! I may just have to take you up on that, haha. Hopefully not, though! :)

Reynaldo

Why not just withdraw your application now? Or are you waiting to see if you made the cut? Either way, I hope you turn them down fast to help those on the waitlist...

Just a bit of info. I contacted the following schools and these were the dates they gave me

UCSB - early march

USC - early to mid march

UCR - April

Uof Hawii- early march

UMass Amherst -> late march early april

Washington State -> mid march

Little old me would kill for USC and I know most of you big shots are looking for UChicago etc, sorry I cant help there;)

Did anyone else apply to Northwestern? Last year they started calling/emailing around now... Was wondering if anyone had heard anything yet.

The past 2 years Northwestern seems to have emailed most of its accepted students on Valentine's Day. They may think it's cute or something. But yeah, keep your fingers crossed tomorrow, and try not to piss off your significant other by paying more attention to your inbox than her. I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is either cheating on me by now (I can't blame her) or planning to kill me (again, totally justifiable). The worst part of it is that I don't care, I just want to get accepted somewhere that I want to go (how selfish is that?).

Anyways, good luck.

Just a bit of info. I contacted the following schools and these were the dates they gave me

UCSB - early march

USC - early to mid march

UCR - April

Uof Hawii- early march

UMass Amherst -> late march early april

Washington State -> mid march

Little old me would kill for USC and I know most of you big shots are looking for UChicago etc, sorry I cant help there;)

ah, I should have applied to Hawaii! :) i had to think about where my husband could get a job though. ah well :P