PoliSci 2007-2008 Cycle

farty14

Any University of Pittsburgh admited people around in this board? If so, are you going to the March 7th pre-orientation/trying-to-convince-you session?

I am glad I got a really early response from Pitt.... otherwise I would be as neurotic as many around here or even beyond...

Reynaldo

i wish! it seems like most of the UW admits so far have been international students. i wonder if they are notified first... or maybe they just make up a large % of the admitted cohort this year...

anyways, all my mail gets delivered to my husband at work. so if i get a letter today, i should get a call from him relatively soon...

my friend got the mailed admit to UW about 35 hours ago. she's an international student so your guess seems to be on the mark (and no she doesn't come to forums or yuster). Maybe its the US postal system thats slow!

It looks like its just a couple of us who are so neurotic! I think we're like some kind of support group. We should meet up and have a beer sometime maybe during this year's APSA or something (some of us are bound to be lost in that sea of strangers). Maybe hoist a mug to how we were once young hopefuls that dreamed of studying poli science at a school 'x' but look where we ended up today.

Hello all,

Congratulations to everyone who's already received acceptances, and best of luck to everyone still waiting. For the last couple weeks I have quietly enjoyed reading this forum and figure it's time I add my two cents.

First, I definitely had to laugh when somebody asked if poli sci people were the most neurotic. Based on my experience, I'd say probably not (I've seen some pretty bad law school applicants), but those on this forum are certainly coming close. It might do us all well to try and relax and have at least one entire day trying not to worry about this. Then again, who am I kidding. After already receiving a few rejections and no acceptances, my nerves are tight, stress levels are high, and it seems like the world revolves around notices from schools.

I have no words of wisdom to help us get through this, only my best wishes to all involved.

Cheers,

I only speak for myself when I say that I can out-neurotic any law school app any day. But, you are right about one thing, I have got to stop obsessing over this, esp. since I have already gotten an acceptance. This refreshing my email every 10 seconds and driving 110 mph home from work everyday to check my mailbox has got to stop. So, as of tonight, I resolve to not think about applications for an entire weekend. I will not even come close to a computer until at least Monday, or even Tuesday if I can make it (since Monday is a holiday). Maybe I'll even read a book, if I can remember how to do that...

obsessing wrote:

has anyone heard anything from princeton? anyone know when they are sending out notifications?

I think it's a pretty sure bet, based on previous years and what the website says, the Princeton will email responses around week of March 3-7, or just after.

-oh well, i guess i have to stop refreshing my inbox!

obsessing wrote:

has anyone heard anything from princeton? anyone know when they are sending out notifications?

I think it's a pretty sure bet, based on previous years and what the website says, the Princeton will email responses around week of March 3-7, or just after.

-oh well, i guess i have to stop refreshing my inbox!

The website says that all decisions will be mailed by March 15. I didn't apply, when I was going through all of this for Econ programs a couple of years ago, but I'm told that the grad school's rejection letter was quite thorough. Let's hope none of us get to see it.

I think from year to year it switches between the different disciplines, as to which of us are the most neurotic. Back in 06, I would have sworn that it was the economists, but this year, they seem not to have found the place. If my employer wasn't tracking every website we visit, I would never get any work done, because I would always be checking my status.

This was a quiet week, it seems. Hopefully things will pick up next week.

I was looking into the admit dates for the schools I have yet to hear from (UPENN, CUNY, Minnesota, GW, and Rutgers), and it seems like the next spike in activity will be around the end of the month and the first week of March (although obviously that is a small sample). So, we might unfortunately have a bit of waiting to do.

Hello all--

This is my first time using a forum like this, but I thought it might be helpful. I wondered if I might pick your brains a bit. What do you think of UCDavis vs. UVA for their POLS IR programs? I'm still waiting on a variety of schools, but right now these are the two that have responded.

Also, if I haven't heard back from NYU yet (which I haven't), does it mean it's a rejection? I saw many people have already heard acceptances... just not sure how this process works.

Thanks! Good luck to all!

Hello all--

This is my first time using a forum like this, but I thought it might be helpful. I wondered if I might pick your brains a bit. What do you think of UCDavis vs. UVA for their POLS IR programs? I'm still waiting on a variety of schools, but right now these are the two that have responded.

Also, if I haven't heard back from NYU yet (which I haven't), does it mean it's a rejection? I saw many people have already heard acceptances... just not sure how this process works.

Thanks! Good luck to all!

Looks like Davis has a better placement record than UVA. I'm not an IR guy, so I can't really say anything about their faculties. Talk to your advisers.

This issue was raised over at the yahoo group. It appears that some people who applied to Minnesota have tried to use their EMPLID--which is located in the online application under "Personal Information"--to *activate* an account on myU (located on UMinn website). This has worked for some (i.e., generating an Minnesota email account and access to myU) and not for others (i.e., the activation attempt failed). Has anyone else tried this? If yes, what result? Thoughts?

This issue was raised over at the yahoo group. It appears that some people who applied to Minnesota have tried to use their EMPLID--which is located in the online application under "Personal Information"--to *activate* an account on myU (located on UMinn website). This has worked for some (i.e., generating an Minnesota email account and access to myU) and not for others (i.e., the activation attempt failed). Has anyone else tried this? If yes, what result? Thoughts?

Haven't tried it, but a friend of a friend who is a current grad student at U. Minn says that all acceptances will be sent by e-mail.

Also... anyone else heard from Wisc or Northwestern? My status online for Wisc is still pending and Northwestern is unchanged... I am wondering if that means I could be on a de facto waiting list or something?