Cornell

gandahan27

I emailed the secretary last week. She said the committee has started to meet and they would make the decisions soon.

The admission results of Cornell sociology were out Feb 16th last year. So let's wait and see... Good luck.smile.gif

Anyone heard anything from Cornell?

Would any of the people who have heard from Cornell mind providing any possible details?? Cohort size? Visiting weekend? Whether they're done releasing acceptances? Thanks!

hi, i posted the first acceptance to the results. sorry for any stress that my post may have induced. i received a personal email from a prof i know, so i think i was a special case. though he mentioned that an official email would follow later in the day (yesterday), i am yet to receive it. this leads me to believe that they haven't officially released the results yet, so no reason to think bad thoughts yet. i'll post an update here when i receive the official letter. best of luck to you!

has anyone had any news about the development sociology programme at cornell?

I emailed them last week to ask when decisions would be announced and they said that no later than April 1st. Not very helpful but that's all I know right now.

I emailed them last week to ask when decisions would be announced and they said that no later than April 1st. Not very helpful but that's all I know right now.

Hey this is helpful, in a way :) Coz i was stressing over this a lot. Does anyone have any idea about the funding package, size of the cohort? anything? for development sociology that is.

I emailed the grad office yesterday and just got an email saying they are reviewing applications today and I should have an answer by the end of the day. Thought some of you might want to know.

So did anyone hear anything?

Hey this is helpful, in a way :) Coz i was stressing over this a lot. Does anyone have any idea about the funding package, size of the cohort? anything? for development sociology that is.

I emailed the department and they responded saying that their final meeting is scheduled for next week and that we should hear from them shortly after that. Through personal correspondence with a PA, I learned that the department only has one first-year financial aid package available, but they do have a variety of other sources such as FLAS and IGERT funding. Anyone else apply for the IGERT funding?

I emailed the grad office yesterday and just got an email saying they are reviewing applications today and I should have an answer by the end of the day. Thought some of you might want to know.

She told me I would hear by the end of the day yesterday, but I didn't get anything!

She told me I would hear by the end of the day yesterday, but I didn't get anything!

Well according to the results search one person already received decision notification about development sociology in response to an email they sent. So I suppose decisions will be emailed soon to everyone. Good luck!

I just received an email rejection. :( It was a form email but did say "Dear [my first and last name]". It was signed by the chair of the graduate committee, Victor Nee, but came from a different email address.

I just received an email rejection. sad.gif It was a form email but did say "Dear [my first and last name]". It was signed by the chair of the graduate committee, Victor Nee, but came from a different email address.

Carolina45, I'm sorry to hear that. Could you tell me if this was for sociology or for development sociology. many thanks!

I see that a lot of email rejections went out over the last few days, but I still have not heard anything. I emailed the graduate field liaison on Monday, and I realize that it is probably a busy time, but I haven't heard anything at all through the whole process. I am sort of just waiting for a paper rejection at this point, but I am at a loss why I did not get an email like so many seem to have?

I was accepted. The email said that they cannot offer funding at this time. They should have more information sometime in late summer, but there is no funding for students right now. That's too bad for their program. I'm sure this will deter a lot of competitive applicants. The email didn't say anything about cohort size, notifications, or no. of accepted students. Sorry.

I was accepted. The email said that they cannot offer funding at this time. They should have more information sometime in late summer, but there is no funding for students right now. That's too bad for their program. I'm sure this will deter a lot of competitive applicants. The email didn't say anything about cohort size, notifications, or no. of accepted students. Sorry.

I was accepted as well and my email said pretty much the same thing. While they didn't mention the cohort size they did say that the competition was extremely intense (though I guess that holds for most doctoral programmes). I just assumed that their point about the funding may be a polite way of saying that I wasn't as competitive as the other accepted students (who I assume would be offered some funding at least).

I had corresponded with a prof there while applying and she too had raised the issue of funding and how they were having cutbacks. Good luck to the rest!

congratulations to both of you! Did you guys feel like it was just a generic email and that everyone received the same thing, or was it personalized to some extent? I'm just curious. I don't know if I should give or keep hitting "refresh" every 5 minutes on my email.