Hi everyone!

Like everyone else, I'm stressing out about taking the GRE. I just got finished taking a practice gre test from Kaplan. Can anyone tell me if these practice tests are a good measure of what the actual GRE exam will be like? Obviously, I understand they're not the complete same, but just wondering if the exam questions used in practice tests are a good measure of the kinds of questions you'll see on the actual exam.

Thanks in advance!

I'm only using ETS and Princeton Review practice materials.  Princeton's sample questions are pretty close to the real deal, but you should also be using ETS if you want the real questions.  

Like already mentioned, I'd definitely suggest the Princeton review book. Registering the book online gives you two real tests. They score the entire thing, including the essays with feedback! Their tests, imo, were exactly like the actual gre.

Edited by Paslp

I only used Magoosh. Went from verbal score of mid-150s when I began to an actual GRE V of 163 (92nd percentile). Never looked at math as English departments don't care much about those scores. I liked the videos Magoosh used to give reasoning and help one learn why certain answers are better.

Yes, I found them to be very accurate. I suggest using the ETS materials and Magoosh. I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that Princeton Review practice questions can be easier than the actual test.

21 hours ago, cowgirlsdontcry said:

I only used Magoosh. Went from verbal score of mid-150s when I began to an actual GRE V of 163 (92nd percentile). Never looked at math as English departments don't care much about those scores. I liked the videos Magoosh used to give reasoning and help one learn why certain answers are better.

Wow that's amazing! Congrats! I didn't do too terribly on my verbal, but my quantitative definitely needs some work lol. I've heard some great things about Magoosh so I'll probably check them out. I've been told they have a sale going on right now so I might just go for it.

45 minutes ago, plume said:

Yes, I found them to be very accurate. I suggest using the ETS materials and Magoosh. I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that Princeton Review practice questions can be easier than the actual test.

Thank you! That's definitely good to know and something to keep in mind!

14 hours ago, plume said:

I found the actual test to be easier than the Magoosh questions and did better on the test than my practice tests.

• 3 weeks later...

I used the ETS materials as well. I was VERY nervous going into it, but ended up scoring higher than the timed practice test that I did. (My official scores were V: 162, Q: 155, and AW: 4.5.) I also used Magoosh for vocab practice. It seemed to me as though the questions on the actual test were harder than those in the practice test--but who knows. Good luck!