Post your website or other link to your artwork

michaelwebster

www.reganboschstudio.com

To be updated soon with some exciting new stuff, so bear with me. Wanted to apply for 2011 but decided last minute to wait a year. It was a tough realization, but I have some new work in development and want to be totally focused and confident when I do enter MFA. So looking to apply for 2012 (which seems ages away). I'd love to trade shots of work in development if anyone is bored and looking to kill time while waiting for their apps to come back! Good luck to everyone applying this year!

love your work, your markmaking is fantastic. are you influenced by jenny saville? I see alot of her in your work!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Thanks! Yes, Jenny Saville has been a huge influence on me especially my earlier work, she really showed me a way to make art. Although recently I have been looking at a lot of abstraction, artists who use hybrid spaces and systems in their work.

@fattyrabbit: I resonate very much with your foreigners in paradise collection. I felt that you've truly captured my childhood as a first generation chinese american (i.e., parents and then grandparents immigrated to the US).

Edited by hello! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the last three posters' websites warrants a "marvelous" remark. I'm biased towards pastels and thick brushstrokes . . wonderful. (:

<3 Amandapants' 13 Broken Noses

<3 Angmeich's 7 Times

<3 Baja318's last image in the Mid-2009/2010 section w/ the girl whose face really reflects my exasperated melancholy waiting for graduate acceptances/rejections. 7 Times from Angmeich's fits this too, but a bit more laconically.

wow! i love the pigs!! great mark making,.. weird, i saw some similarities between our work with the broken color.. and then i looked at your resume, ..we both got our undergrad from the same college! (much different timing though)... i'm curious where you're applying to grad school?

Here goes nothing: http://www.AlisonStinely.com

wow, thank you!!!! :)

Looking at the last three posters' websites warrants a "marvelous" remark. I'm biased towards pastels and thick brushstrokes . . wonderful. (:

<3 Angmeich's 7 Times

<3 Baja318's last image in the Mid-2009/2010 section w/ the girl whose face really reflects my exasperated melancholy waiting for graduate acceptances/rejections. 7 Times from Angmeich's fits this too, but a bit more laconically.

wow! i love the pigs!! great mark making,.. weird, i saw some similarities between our work with the broken color.. and then i looked at your resume, ..we both got our undergrad from the same college! (much different timing though)... i'm curious where you're applying to grad school?

Another "Fighting Scot"?! Oh my! :)

I applied to Yale (rejected) - it was a shot in the dark encouraged by Malcolm (do you know Malcolm?) Syracuse U., PAFA, Tyler, SUNY Albany, and Indiana U. (Bloomington).

Where have you applied and when did you graduate from EUP?

Thanks a ton!

:) This brightened my day....

<3 Angmeich's 7 Times