Fall 2018 I/O Psy

4 hours ago, seasalt22 said:

Hi everyone! Did anyone else not get into any of their programs (may be easier if I know I am not the only one)? Also anybody know of any good IO Master's program still accepting applications on the east coast? Thanks! 

You're not alone! I applied to 8 PhD programs and was rejected by 6 of them. I haven't heard back from two, however, they have already had their interview days so I'm assuming those are a no. My cousin received her masters in IO from University of New Haven and she really liked the program, plus they have rolling admissions! I already applied and received an acceptance, so I think it's worth a shot if you're interested. 

I applied to 13 schools, and a lot of people have questions about them.  I provide my experiences with each school to answer some of those questions.

Colorado State: interview weekend on 3/1-3/3

Auburn: Wait list

Houston: interview weekend happened and acceptance letters sent out.

UConn: Wait list

Georgia: Wait list

Old Dominion: interview weekend happened. No wait list/acceptance letters yet.

University of Minnesota: Rejection letter sent out

Michigan State: Rejection letter sent out

BGSU: Wait list

Penn State: No response

Clemson: No response

USF: No response

Akron: No response

1 hour ago, IOpener said:

I applied to 13 schools, and a lot of people have questions about them.  I provide my experiences with each school to answer some of those questions.

Colorado State: interview weekend on 3/1-3/3

Auburn: Wait list

Houston: interview weekend happened and acceptance letters sent out.

UConn: Wait list

Georgia: Wait list

Old Dominion: interview weekend happened. No wait list/acceptance letters yet.

University of Minnesota: Rejection letter sent out

Michigan State: Rejection letter sent out

BGSU: Wait list

Penn State: No response

Clemson: No response

USF: No response

Akron: No response

Hi!

Congratulations! Have you received the official acceptance letter from Houston? I was informed of an informal admission but never received the official letter. Really want to go there so hope you can share more! Thanks!

7 minutes ago, PsyJessica said:

Hi!

Congratulations! Have you received the official acceptance letter from Houston? I was informed of an informal admission but never received the official letter. Really want to go there so hope you can share more! Thanks!

Thank you!  I heard from my POI today that I was accepted, and that the official acceptance letter would follow soon.  

1 hour ago, PhDreamer said:

Does anyone have any thoughts about Clemson? :D

My thought is I probably didn’t get in lmao. 

No but seriously I’ve seen a couple people get interviews, idk what professors they applied to but at this stage in the season I feel like no news is usually bad news. Anything could happen though I guess. 

9 minutes ago, Left Skew said:

Is anyone about to rescind any of their offers?

I'm taking my name off of DePaul's waitlist. Also, I have one more campus visit coming up this weekend and then I'll be deciding between my top two choices. Hopefully that means I'll be able to accept an offer by the end of next week, but it's such a tough decision. I'll definitely post here which offer I'm declining as soon as I decide.

7 hours ago, letssee said:

I'm taking my name off of DePaul's waitlist. Also, I have one more campus visit coming up this weekend and then I'll be deciding between my top two choices. Hopefully that means I'll be able to accept an offer by the end of next week, but it's such a tough decision. I'll definitely post here which offer I'm declining as soon as I decide.

Yeah, I'm trying to draft an email to reject some people. I feel fortunate but part of it sucks because you don't want to burn bridges.

If you listen to Adele's Someone Like You, and change "you" to "your program" and "someone" to "another program" it's actually a great start.

12 minutes ago, Left Skew said:

Yeah, I'm trying to draft an email to reject some people. I feel fortunate but part of it sucks because you don't want to burn bridges.

If you listen to Adele's Someone Like You, and change "you" to "your program" and "someone" to "another program" it's actually a great start.

Hahaha, I'm for sure gonna hear that song in my head for the rest of the night. 

I really wasn't expecting to get more than one acceptance if any, so this was not a situation I had prepared myself for at all. 

44 minutes ago, PhDreamer said:

If you heard from Clemson, please let me know! :ph34r::ph34r:

Same! My POI said I would hear on Wednesday, but I've got nothing but crickets. 

Does anyone know what it means if the school has had their interview days already but they haven't reached out to you at all? Should I assume I am denied or is it possible I am on the waitlist? I haven't heard from NC State or Virginia Tech but I know they have had their interview days already. I've just been assuming those are rejections. 

1 hour ago, psychedforpsychology said:

Does anyone know what it means if the school has had their interview days already but they haven't reached out to you at all? Should I assume I am denied or is it possible I am on the waitlist? I haven't heard from NC State or Virginia Tech but I know they have had their interview days already. I've just been assuming those are rejections. 

Hello,

I was waitlisted at UGA a month after their initial acceptances were handed out. So there might still be hope!