What time did you email notifications arrive?

Tiglath-Pileser III

We are all familiar with the UCLA angel of death coming at around midnight, but I was curious as to whether other schools did similar practices. So, I'm throwing out the question. At what time was your response emails send out?

The only response I go so far was sent from Cambridge at 11AM.

Thanks,

-H.

7:19 a.m. this morning from Johns Hopkins, which would be 10:19 their time. It looks like I was about in the middle of the batch and my last name is about midway through the alphabet. So maybe they started at 10. In any case, a rejection is a rejection is a rejection. Think I'll be doing some major self soothing this weekend. Chocolate ice cream anyone?tongue.gif

USC let me know on a Friday evening at about eight o'clock. My husband and I were celebrating Valentine's day early because he works on Sundays... and then rejection from my second choice school in the middle of the date. The people in the movie theater must have thought I was extremely sensitive to the deep, heart-wrenching themes in "Valentine's Day."

UCLA told me I was waitlisted at about 4:30 p.m. After a whole day of watching acceptances post on this site, it was really nice to hear something.

North Carolina sent me an email on a Sunday night. I think it was the one right before Martin Luther King Jr. day (so a 3 day weekend normally).

And I've been accused of being paranoid for checking my email on Christmas eve...

Gosh, I hope UNC does that to me. They can send me an email any time they want to...as long as it's an admit...

Wow, on a Sat? I did my undergrad at UBC and that campus is dead on a Saturday.

Yeah, I was surprised too since I didn't expect to get any news on a Saturday. But it looks like they made the decision that week and then the graduate coordinator just e-mailed them out on a Saturday morning. When I replied to acknowledge receipt of the offer, I got an Out of Office auto-reply!

Anything you can dish about UBC and CNERS?

I got two of my four accepts on Tuesday morning. One came on another weekday (can't remember which one), and one came on a weekend (I think Sunday).

The weekend acceptance came from the school I'm now attending, and from the prof who became my advisor--that's how they do things here. When I first got the email, I was shocked to hear anything on a Sunday. However, now that she's been my advisor for six months, I realize that she does a lot of email-catching-up over the weekend, since she has no classes, office hours, committee meetings, etc. then.

I'm curious how many other people with weekend admits were getting emails from profs as opposed to Official Department Contacts?

You know you've gone a bit batty when you holler to no one, "why don't these people disclose their TIME ZONES!!" after re-reading this thread. :)

I live in the GMT+8 time zone, and because of that, I actually added world clocks on my igoogle for all the schools I applied to last year.

In other words, you're not the only one! :)