Grad Admissions Help

Hi!

I'm currently stating my application process.  I just graduated -Bachelors in Audiology and speech language pathology.

I have a GPA of 3.5. 

GRE- Verbal : 157 Quant: 154  TOEFL:116

I am currently working at a clinic for work experience. 

Which schools do I have a good chance of getting into?

Edited by SpeechPath14

You'd probably be better off doing your own research by looking at stats on ASHA's website edfind.  You can look at each school's past accepted students.  Asking on here will not give you a full list of schools that might accept you.  So many people tend to just google for a quick answer, and that doesn't really help you get in anywhere.  Good luck!

On 9/21/2017 at 9:23 AM, SpeechPath14 said:

Hi!

I'm currently stating my application process.  I just graduated -Bachelors in Audiology and speech language pathology.

I have a GPA of 3.5. 

hi-- sadly, there isnt any magical formula on where to apply to. best bet is to go through ASHAedfind and look at LOTS of schools and find those with stats that are comparable to yours (if not lower).  also- there arent even any 'safety' schools anymore- its just way too competitive.  The GPA is a bit of an issue too- congrats though as most college students would LOVE to have that high of a GPA, just in our field, its right on the edge of first-admit and wait list for most schools. Great job on the GRE too.  you can find more advice and tips on a competitive application on my website-- www.slpgradschool.com

take care-p

I agree with what others have said go onto ASHA EdFind list and research schools. I picked schools that have have less applicants applying and fit my gpa range. This way you have a better chance of standing out and possibly getting in. Also, if you are willing to move out of state look at schools from a variety of states. I found I had a better chance of getting in when I spread my options out. 

Hi!

Definitely go on ASHA Edfind. It was a godsend when I was applying last year!

As far as South Florida, I applied and received an offer of admission. You can check out my stats in my signature below. I did not have any clinical experience other than my 25 observation hours. 

My advice is to apply to at least 5 schools and try to use Edfind to find schools that fit your stats!

• 3 weeks later...

As the others said, go to ASHA edFind. You will have to research the schools. Make a list of the schools you meet the criteria for and look at tuition, cost of living etc. and figure out which would be the most realistic for you. Also look at GA positions/internships/research opportunities/scholarships to figure out what you qualify for. After you figure all that out, apply to the schools that make the most sense to you. It's competitive, so the more schools you apply to, the more opportunities you have given yourself to be accepted or rejected from a school. Take advantage of workshops your current school may offer to help you with your letter of intent and resume. Get as much feedback as you can because you want your letter to be perfect when you submit your application. Remember, that letter gives the admissions committee a sense of who you are. If you haven't already done so, ask your professors to write you a letter of recommendation. They may want a copy of your resume and letter of intent. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On September 21, 2017 at 8:23 AM, SpeechPath14 said:

Hi!

I have a GPA of 3.5. 

Definitely Southern University in Baton Rouge.  And their application deadline isn't until April 15th.  Good luck!