2018 Ford Predoctoral Fellowship

EngineerAlvara

24 minutes ago, dumpstercat said:

You did get a sad "thank you for applying" email? I haven't gotten anything in my inbox yet, so I'm just going slightly insane. 

In New York and haven't received anything yet but as my modules haven't changed I'm assuming I didn't get it <_<

Congrats to the winners and ONWARD TO NEXT YEAR!!

Edited by 8BitJourney

I haven't received anything either....I don't see this as a good sign. Congrats to those who won; what a great gift! Those who have received a response where are you all from? I live in Cali. Maybe they are sending them based on a time.

Edited by MadameDreamer8

5 minutes ago, MadameDreamer8 said:

I haven't received anything either....I don't see this as a good sign. Congrats to those who won; what a great gift! Those who have received a response where are you all from? I live in Cali. Maybe they are sending them based on a time.

I am in Chicago, CST.

Side note I'm curious to know how many alternates they choose but that would just drive me more insane

5 minutes ago, MadameDreamer8 said:

Oh ok. Thanks! That means that most likely (unless others from LA have already heard) that they are going by time. Those from LA will probably hear at 9....It's 8:19 here. 

Crossing everything over here in WA state! Congrats to awardees!

6 minutes ago, Zathura said:

just to add some additional info, as an alternate, nothing on my module has changed. can't see reviews, nothing. idk if this is different for those who have been accepted or turned away.

That's interesting. I wonder if those who won can see their stuff notice anything that has changed? 

I’ve checked this forum about once a day over the last week or so. I’m a first time applicant on the east coast and haven’t heard yet either. My application was more of a reach application that gave me experience honing my interests so I don’t necessarily have my livelihood banking on it.

however, I do want to offer some encouragement for you all who are stressing to take care of yourselves. Nitpicking about signs of whether you got it or not will only stress you out more. You just have to trust the process and know that if you don’t get it either It wasn’t your time or it wasn’t for you. Whether you’re religious or not, trust the energies and the spirits or beings that you look to for peace. ?