2018 Ford Predoctoral Fellowship

EngineerAlvara

I was a 2017 Ford Fellow winner and I checked my portal every day. One of the days I noticed that instead of the application page, that it said FELLOW MODULE but it didn't say anything about me winning. A few hours later I got an e-mail saying I got the fellowship. From I gleaned about freaking out over the change in website is that they set up the site in stages and wait until they sent out the acceptances for you to actually access the portal. I'm wishing all you guys luck!!!

1 hour ago, shiningorb said:

Speaking of the website, has anyone noticed how long it is taking for it to load right now...

(as in, it refuses to load at all) 

Yes! I was having the same issue. Hopefully this means decisions are right around the corner.

I was a 2017 Ford Fellow winner and I checked my portal every day. One of the days I noticed that instead of the application page, that it said FELLOW MODULE but it didn't say anything about me winning. A few hours later I got an e-mail saying I got the fellowship. From I gleaned about freaking out over the change in website is that they set up the site in stages and wait until they sent out the acceptances for you to actually access the portal. I'm wishing all you guys luck!!!  

I think they're makin moves! noticed a change in my online portal. Hopefully we find out soon...

17 minutes ago, barrows said:

I think they're makin moves! noticed a change in my online portal. Hopefully we find out soon...

14 minutes ago, ravinera said:

Something IS different now in the portal...

I'm just curious, what did you see that was different? (mine still looks the same)

13 minutes ago, SmartGirl09 said:

I'm just curious, what did you see that was different? (mine still looks the same)

When I click on the symbol in the upper right hand corner (if you hover it says printable view) it takes me to a page that says "welcome to the online portal...here are the list of modules available to you: Ford Applicant 2.0 Module"--before when I did this, it took me to an error page that said I did not have access to what I was trying to access. Not real sure what it means, but maybe they've made their decisions...

My portal has definitely changed. It takes me to a page that allows access to "Applicant Module 2.0." This has never happened before. Hopefully this means decisions soon.

Edited by Assotto

12 minutes ago, Assotto said:

My portal has definitely changed. It takes me to a page that allows access to "Applicant Module 2.0." This has never happened before. Hopefully this means decisions soon.

12 minutes ago, barrows said:

When I click on the symbol in the upper right hand corner (if you hover it says printable view) it takes me to a page that says "welcome to the online portal...here are the list of modules available to you: Ford Applicant 2.0 Module"--before when I did this, it took me to an error page that said I did not have access to what I was trying to access. Not real sure what it means, but maybe they've made their decisions...

interesting, when I log in I see what you all are talking about, but when I click "Ford Applicant 2.0 Module" it takes me to the same old application page where we typed in all our info. Judging by the time of day it is now, I guess we have to wait another day *sigh* can't wait for them to put all our minds at ease :)

Edited by SmartGirl09

mine has just changed, but changed after other people had posted about it so it seems like a gradual process so I wouldn't get too discouraged if yours hasn't changed yet.  This whole process is driving me insane.  Fingers crossed for results soon. 

12 minutes ago, barrows said:

12 minutes ago, Assotto said:

4 minutes ago, SmartGirl09 said:

interesting, when I log in I see what you all are talking about, but when I click "Ford Applicant 2.0 Module" it takes me to the same old application page where we typed in all our info. Judging by the time of day it is now, I guess we have to wait another day *sigh* can't wait for them to put all our minds at ease :)

So I don't want to rain on parades but I remember having access to this before (like a month or so ago) and it would take me to my application. So I'm not sure what that could mean.

5 minutes ago, 8BitJourney said:

So I don't want to rain on parades but I remember having access to this before (like a month or so ago) and it would take me to my application. So I'm not sure what that could mean.

hahah! never mind then...

Mine says the applicant 2.0 and when you hover over it, it says that you can manage profile,  application history, and view reviewer comments.  Im worried this means I didnt get it as an application history module as opposed to the person saying last year theirs changed to a fellow module. 

21 minutes ago, microbes4life said:

Mine says the applicant 2.0 and when you hover over it, it says that you can manage profile,  application history, and view reviewer comments.  Im worried this means I didnt get it as an application history module as opposed to the person saying last year theirs changed to a fellow module. 

That's what I'm afraid of...there is after all a difference between "applicant" and "fellow." Last year, they sent results at 9:18, so yes we might have to wait until tomorrow morning. But maybe the time doesn't matter and we will find out in a couple of hours? I wonder if there is anyone here who has signed into their application and notice "fellow module" or those who have signed in but notice no difference? This would be helpful to know. 

Edited by MadameDreamer8

9 minutes ago, Herxidor said:

The only change I noticed is that when I click the Applications link within the portal that the background for Current Applications is light blue. Maybe it was always like this & I didn't notice?? Does anyone else see this? :mellow:

ford.thumb.png.1a8cf8baadbd3b07544c43c9d5d849bd.png

Yesterday, I was thinking this too. But the reason it's blue is because that's the application you're currently viewing. I applied last year, so when I go to my 2017 application then that one gets highlighted to blue. What you want to check rather is when you sign in does it take you directly to application or to a link that says "applicant 2.0 module" ? 

Edited by MadameDreamer8

9 minutes ago, Herxidor said:

The only change I noticed is that when I click the Applications link within the portal that the background for Current Applications is light blue. Maybe it was always like this & I didn't notice?? Does anyone else see this? :mellow:

ford.thumb.png.1a8cf8baadbd3b07544c43c9d5d849bd.png

The light blue signifies the Application that you last opened.

7 minutes ago, Assotto said:

The light blue signifies the Application that you last opened.

7 minutes ago, MadameDreamer8 said:

Yesterday, I was thinking this too. But the reason it's blue is because that's the application you're currently viewing. I applied last year, so when I go to my 2017 application then that one gets highlighted to blue. What you want to check rather is when you sign in does it take you directly to application or to a link that says "applicant 2.0 module" ? 

Ahhhhh ok- I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed :unsure: Thanks guys!

And yes- I see the "applicant 2.0" module, but pretty sure I saw that a few days ago also...

Edited by Herxidor