Fall 2018 Application

27 minutes ago, bmers said:

I got into NYU today! Only given 4 weeks to commit so looks like I'm going to have to take a quick trip to NYC here soon! 

You can always ask for an extension if you need one! They have given me two so far! Congrats!!

Edited by TooExcited&Nervous

On 2/2/2018 at 10:56 AM, Francy_ said:

Anyone applied to UCBerkeley? I can't find the date in which they will notify the admissions...

Hi there, I’m happy to found your post. From my understanding if you applied to the MSW title IV-E then you can be finding out as early as this week if you applied to another concentration I could not help you. 

Best of luck to you I see that you applied to the MSW program, I hope we both get in! What concentration did you apply for? 

I really hate the waiting game lol! I'm waiting on UCLA, last year there was a big group of applicants on here and this year I've found like 2 others total, so no one to get any insight from on if anyone is hearing back yet or anything. I'm hopeful but good lord I'm struggling to think of much else these days. 

On 2/2/2018 at 2:05 PM, Kat_MSW2018 said:

It says we won’t hear back until March :(

Hi, I just wanted to share that from my understanding if you applied for the MSW title lV–E program you could be finding out as early as this week. 

Last year they completed interviews on March 1 and admissions emails went out March 15 for this specific concentration. That being said this year final interviews were on February 1 so I’m hoping to find out by February 15.

22 minutes ago, BackNSchool83 said:

I really hate the waiting game lol! I'm waiting on UCLA, last year there was a big group of applicants on here and this year I've found like 2 others total, so no one to get any insight from on if anyone is hearing back yet or anything. I'm hopeful but good lord I'm struggling to think of much else these days. 

I can totally relate, I found this forum when I was applying for the 2018 Fall, but I can see the 2017 Fall had so much more involvement and participation.

9 hours ago, ChicanaMSW2018 said:

Hi there, I’m happy to found your post. From my understanding if you applied to the MSW title IV-E then you can be finding out as early as this week if you applied to another concentration I could not help you. 

Best of luck to you I see that you applied to the MSW program, I hope we both get in! What concentration did you apply for? 

I applied to the family and children concentration (not the title IV-E because I do not qualify as an international student). 

It's good news that we will hear back soon:) ! I have also applied in the UK to a few ones and they want to know if I will accept their offer as soon as possible... that's why I am a bit struggling:(

On 13/2/2018 at 9:27 PM, BackNSchool83 said:

Just came across this and yes me too! I’m extremely anxious and nervous. I applied January 15th so I doubt I’ll hear anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, Elliemsw said:

Has anyone received letters from any CA schools yet? I saw some people who have gotten their acceptance letter from CSULB already. The wait is seriously so agonizing! 

Hi! I reviewed acceptance to CSULB in early January. I am still waiting on CSULA and CSUN. 

2 hours ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

I got accepted to SDSU if anyone was wondering about admissions!!

Congrats!! Will you be accepting? I applied there 12/15. When did you apply? How did you find out?

thanks!

my portal still says “department reviewing for program eligibility”

4 hours ago, MacroHelper said:

Congrats!! Will you be accepting? I applied there 12/15. When did you apply? How did you find out?

thanks!

my portal still says “department reviewing for program eligibility”

Hey! Thank you so much!!! I will most likely not be accepting. /: I applied 1/12 and I received an email regarding my status. But I am also an advanced standing student if that makes a difference? 

You should be hearing back soon! Is it your first choice?!

22 hours ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

Hey! Thank you so much!!! I will most likely not be accepting. /: I applied 1/12 and I received an email regarding my status. But I am also an advanced standing student if that makes a difference? 

You should be hearing back soon! Is it your first choice?!

Yes! Thanks I’m on pins and needles! Did they say anything about scholarships?

Figured I'd post something here...

Schools applied to:

UWashington

CSUF

Stats:

Cum. GPA: 3.19

Last 60 GPA: 3.61

Major: B.A. Psychology

Minor: Human Services

Dean's honor list last 2 semesters in a row.

Experience:

1. Semester internship at a high school college prep program conducting interviews, creating and analyzing surveys, leading group discussion, assisting in college application research.

2. 2.5 years at an ABA company. Started as direct 1:1 staff with our consumers, became parent consultant, started up and running quality assurance department for the entire branch's county since June. Employee of the year, volunteered at events, created events, etc.

LoR: director of company, supervisor of 2 years at company, professor from CSUF.

Certifications:

Domestic violence victim services

RBT, BCAT, CPI

Haven't heard back from either school, though I did apply at deadline due to various circumstances. Anxious, as the username states :/

@TheAnxiousGuy Hey what's up man, I'm anxious as well lol. I applied to CSUF, CSULB, and UCLA. So far I've heard back from LB. I made a facebook group called UC and CSU MSW applicant resource and support group where others waiting on the California schools are chatting, small group, more are welcome! Not sure when CSUF will start to send out notifications but I'm expecting them later on like around mid March ish. Let us know if you hear anything sooner!