Fall 2018 Application

2 minutes ago, gksrnrdbgkrtod said:

Hi! I also applied to UM! Can I ask you the date you applied? I am still waiting for their answer :(

Hello! I applied the day before early applications were due. I suspect that’s why I was waitlisted. I heard that the only way to be considered was to apply early admissions. 

1 hour ago, breannmarie said:

Hello! I applied the day before early applications were due. I suspect that’s why I was waitlisted. I heard that the only way to be considered was to apply early admissions. 

Thanks for your reply! I also applied the day before due date but I wonder why I did not hear back from them.. makes me worry. Do you think it will mean that i am rejected? 

8 hours ago, gksrnrdbgkrtod said:

Thanks for your reply! I also applied the day before due date but I wonder why I did not hear back from them.. makes me worry. Do you think it will mean that i am rejected? 

I am unsure. I would check your email. I received an email stating their decision and that was to waitlist me. I also saw on the Wolverine account that I had to formally accept the waitlist decision to be considered. You need to take the ID the emailed you and make a "friend account" on their Wolverine website. If you have the ability, try calling the admissions office today and they can answer your questions about how to make an account, as it was pretty difficult for me.

Hey all! This is my first post, but I finished all my app's on December 30th so now I am just playing the waiting game. I applied to University of Denver, Portland State University, Colorado State University, and University of Oklahoma. I received my bachelors at OU but I would love to move to Portland or Denver. I have a 3.86 GPA and experience volunteering at Youth Shelters, Community Services, and working under the VOCA grant at OUHSC. Super nervous to hear back from schools!!

16 hours ago, RK1 said:

Hi BackNSchool83,

First off, congrats on your acceptance to CSULB! I also applied to CSULB's MSW program and was wondering where you went to check your admission status? Is there a link you might be able to provide? I actually called the School of Social Work office today because I never received an email confirming that they received my application (which I submitted in November). They confirmed they do have my application and said they sent me an email Nov 9th, but I never received it (checked spam and everything). It would be helpful to have a site to check into in case their emails aren't reaching me!

Thanks in advance

16 hours ago, RK1 said:

Hi BackNSchool83,

First off, congrats on your acceptance to CSULB! I also applied to CSULB's MSW program and was wondering where you went to check your admission status? Is there a link you might be able to provide? I actually called the School of Social Work office today because I never received an email confirming that they received my application (which I submitted in November). They confirmed they do have my application and said they sent me an email Nov 9th, but I never received it (checked spam and everything). It would be helpful to have a site to check into in case their emails aren't reaching me!

Thanks in advance

Hello!  I figured I’d jump in and be helpful. 

https://cmsweb.cms.csulb.edu/psc/HLBPRDA/EMPLOYEE/SA/c/LB_HR_CUSTOM.LB_GLC.GBL?Page=LB_GLC_START&Action=U&TargetFrameName=None

Did they give you any other information whether they’ve gotten to reviewing your app? I’m still waiting too. 

23 hours ago, gksrnrdbgkrtod said:

I applied Sept 27th and I heard back from them Dec. 14. I literally applied the week they opened applications and it took them months to get back to me. I think you not hearing back yet doesn't necessarily mean that you were waitlisted. There are the holidays to consider, etc, etc. If you applied right before the due date you have to remember TONS of others also applied then too, and it takes time to go through applications. I wish you luck and if you get in see ya next year! 

On January 4, 2018 at 10:04 AM, kath18 said:

Hello!  I figured I’d jump in and be helpful. 

https://cmsweb.cms.csulb.edu/psc/HLBPRDA/EMPLOYEE/SA/c/LB_HR_CUSTOM.LB_GLC.GBL?Page=LB_GLC_START&Action=U&TargetFrameName=None

Did they give you any other information whether they’ve gotten to reviewing your app? I’m still waiting too. 

Hi there, looks like you found the app status link. My emails from the SW department come from CSSW I think in the title, it's not CSULB. For me I didn't hear from them till I was accepted, I logged into the app status link above and instead of being asked if I wanted an email to be sent to update my status, I was greeted by a screen that said comgratulations and that I had been accepted. This screen said I could log onto mycsulb to check for details on financial aid but it didn't work. After calling they said they didn't know why the link didn't work but not to worry about it. They told me that they would email my acceptance letter likely the next day, and sure enough the grad division  did, followed by the SW department who told me to sign off on the checklist within 10 days or lose my seat. No charge to hold your seat, you simply say you plan to attend, however, they can't hold you to that really. For me I'm waiting on UCLA, and if I get in there, then I'll weigh my options.

Edited by BackNSchool83

On 12/28/2017 at 2:04 AM, Baconandmegs said:

So happy reading through this thread! Anybody apply/hear back from usc?! 

Hi there! I too am happy to have stumbled across this forum. I applied and submitted my application to USC (the Traditional 2-year program on campus) on the last day of the priority deadline (Nov. 15th) and received notification of my acceptance on Dec. 18th. I was accepted to the department I applied for which was the Children, Youth, & Families (CYF) concentration. If you have any questions let me know and I'm happy to help!

On 1/6/2018 at 7:11 PM, MAR14 said:

Hi there! I too am happy to have stumbled across this forum. I applied and submitted my application to USC (the Traditional 2-year program on campus) on the last day of the priority deadline (Nov. 15th) and received notification of my acceptance on Dec. 18th. I was accepted to the department I applied for which was the Children, Youth, & Families (CYF) concentration. If you have any questions let me know and I'm happy to help!

I got in for CYF as well! Did you accept it? 

On 1/4/2018 at 11:10 AM, CM0811 said:

Hey all! This is my first post, but I finished all my app's on December 30th so now I am just playing the waiting game. I applied to University of Denver, Portland State University, Colorado State University, and University of Oklahoma. I received my bachelors at OU but I would love to move to Portland or Denver. I have a 3.86 GPA and experience volunteering at Youth Shelters, Community Services, and working under the VOCA grant at OUHSC. Super nervous to hear back from schools!!

I applied to Denver back in early November and still haven't heard back. I've been checking my emails/the application portal about 10 times every day!

1 hour ago, chloe1108 said:

I applied to Denver back in early November and still haven't heard back. I've been checking my emails/the application portal about 10 times every day!

I'm really surprised to hear this. All the mentions on this site of DU's turn times (previous years) has been 4-6 weeks. Have they given you any idea of their turntimes for this year?

Edited by JMonster

21 minutes ago, JMonster said:

I'm really surprised to here this. All the mentions on this site of DU's turn times (previous years) has been 4-6 weeks. Have they given you any idea of their turntimes for this year?

I know which has made me really anxious. I applied 11/5, and my last recommendation was sent in on 11/17. I did read one previous mention from last year who submitted her app a few days earlier than I did this year, but had her last recommendation sent in on 11/17 and she heard back on 1/5 so I'm hoping it's really soon. They haven't given me any idea of turntimes.. I went to the info session but had to leave before the admissions part of it so they could have mentioned it then. I also sent an email after my last recommendation was sent in to make sure my app was all set, hoping they would respond back with a time frame haha, but they just said it was good to go. 

7 minutes ago, chloe1108 said:

I know which has made me really anxious. I applied 11/5, and my last recommendation was sent in on 11/17. I did read one previous mention from last year who submitted her app a few days earlier than I did this year, but had her last recommendation sent in on 11/17 and she heard back on 1/5 so I'm hoping it's really soon. They haven't given me any idea of turntimes.. I went to the info session but had to leave before the admissions part of it so they could have mentioned it then. I also sent an email after my last recommendation was sent in to make sure my app was all set, hoping they would respond back with a time frame haha, but they just said it was good to go. 

I bet you are going out of your mind. :-) Hang in there, here's hoping you get a response soon. I'm going to the info session on Saturday, I'll ask what turn times they are working with this year and update this thread. What program did you apply for?

1 hour ago, JMonster said:

I bet you are going out of your mind. :-) Hang in there, here's hoping you get a response soon. I'm going to the info session on Saturday, I'll ask what turn times they are working with this year and update this thread. What program did you apply for?

Haha is it that obvious?! :) Thank you!! I applied to the Denver campus MSW.

13 hours ago, Baconandmegs said:

I got in for CYF as well! Did you accept it? 

Congrats on your acceptance! I have not accepted yet (as I'm waiting for a couple of other schools). I spoke to my assigned admissions counselor and asked for an extension for my decision and was given until February 1st. 

On 1/8/2018 at 12:26 PM, chloe1108 said:

I have been doing the same thing!! Waiting is way harder than I anticipated :)

On 1/3/2018 at 11:17 PM, gksrnrdbgkrtod said:

Hi! I also applied to UM! Can I ask you the date you applied? I am still waiting for their answer :(

I applied (only) to the University of Michigan. I assumed my application would be dated December 5 because I had a late LOR, but on Wolverine Access, my application date is December 1. I received an email on Monday (1/8/18) indicating that the initial processing was complete, and giving me a Michigan ID number to create a friend account. So, they are making progress on the early applications.

On 2018. 1. 5. at 2:08 PM, Aiunt said:

I applied Sept 27th and I heard back from them Dec. 14. I literally applied the week they opened applications and it took them months to get back to me. I think you not hearing back yet doesn't necessarily mean that you were waitlisted. There are the holidays to consider, etc, etc. If you applied right before the due date you have to remember TONS of others also applied then too, and it takes time to go through applications. I wish you luck and if you get in see ya next year! 

Thanks! i received my admission few days ago :)

Hi all! Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I hope this encourages other lurkers to become active in this thread. I realized I need to get connected to other future social workers because yesterday I also received my acceptance to UM. :o I come from a heavy research background and only last year realized that social work fit more in line with my goals. UM is definitely a reach for me so I'm shocked that someone with comparatively little social service experience as others I've read in here received a quick acceptance into the top program in the country.

I've also applied to UChicago, UW, UT Austin (my home state), and UT Knoxville (the state where I currently live). If I get into UT Austin, it will be a tough decision between that and a southerner braving through a Michigan winter. I do plan on visiting UM soon to make my decision clearer. Curious, is anyone else applying to UT Austin?