Who else wants to commiserate about Penn?

cooperstreet

I just got mine too. Did they admit anyone??

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like no one who posts here got in.

Oh well, I'm not too worried about it. I'm just waiting on NYU and Columbia--those are the two I most care about, of course they have to be last to notify. It's killing me.

Got mine too. Not terribly surprised. I was actually sort of offended that, basically, their rejection letter is the exact same as Yale's.

I'm glad I didn't apply to Yale. I like variety in my rejections.

What was the real kick in the teeth is that while everyone was posting their rejections from Penn this morning, I hadn't heard anything. I started to dream that this might mean good news...nope, I just got my rejection way the heck later in the afternoon.

This week has been unbelievably miserable.

Well, Nytusse, you're about 2/3s way through with your applications.

Hm, I'm afraid that my toast will be awfully late as I was rejected by Penn two years ago. Actually, I felt okay about it because my rejection from Michigan a few days earlier hurt... A LOT. And, well, some of the professors who I was interested in didn't seem... friendly. More like a bunch of snoots. I'm very sure that the professors I'm thinking of are not what you all are looking to work with.

Hm, I'm afraid that my toast will be awfully late as I was rejected by Penn two years ago. Actually, I felt okay about it because my rejection from Michigan a few days earlier hurt... A LOT. And, well, some of the professors who I was interested in didn't seem... friendly. More like a bunch of snoots. I'm very sure that the professors I'm thinking of are not what you all are looking to work with.

I know this thread is about Penn, so apologies in advance for the OT question: but...

You heard back from Michigan, ticklemepink? Straight History PhD?

I felt that I had a really good fit over there, and my potential advisor seemed really interested in my topic (which not everyone is). That delay in rejecting me was all I needed to get a glimmer of hope about the whole thing.

I'm waiting on 4 answers, but one is a no who doesn't bother to notify until later (Chicago) and the other three are probably my most difficult in terms of possibly getting an acceptance. At least those three should dispense with me in one way or another by the end of the week, I would think.

No, I never said anything about being rejected from Michigan. I'm still waiting just like everyone else! The only Michigan reject I know for this cycle is my classmate who's in Modern Middle East. My friend (administrative assistant in another department) is completely clueless and just can't get a word out of the History department.

I did apply to Michigan and Penn two years ago. Michigan's decision came first, then Penn came. So this is my second time for Michigan but I didn't apply to Penn (terrible fit even though there's someone there I would LOVE to work with)