NYU Wagner 2018

nycpolicy

I am! I have my essays squared away but still need to do the video. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to say, and I don't want to re-record so many times that it comes off robotic. So we shall see what happens!

My best guess is that having more decisions made sooner is beneficial in terms of funding. Money-wise, if you want a merit-based scholarship, fellowship, or assistantship, you need to get in your materials by December 1, and then according to their website decisions will be March 2.

It makes sense since many of the fellowships etc. will involve interviews, and they want folks to have a solid chance to assess their NYU offer before they come up against other schools' deadlines. Most of the top--tier schools (especially the Ivy's) want you to enroll by mid-April. 

I'm betting that the "second round" applicants get very little, if any $$$. But I'm also totally in favor of hearing back ASAP! The suspense kills. Waiting on SIPA right now too after hitting their early deadline and the constant refreshing is making my computer hate me.

I'm also applying by Dec 1. Just finalized my video this weekend - trying not to re-watch it too many times because I hate how I look/sound on camera! Not sure about all the fellowships, but in the application there is box you check "yes" if you want to apply for fellowships. Then a drop down with two fellowships appears, and you can enter the essay in a box below.

6 hours ago, OverCloudy said:

Anyone received any notification yet? Though the 1st round result ddl is March 2th, I believe in December some of us will get a ticket!   Best luck to all Wagner applicants!

What makes you think that? Do they look at apps on a rolling basis before the deadline? I submitted mine only two days before the deadline, so I doubt I'll hear anything so soon.

1 hour ago, Ellen123 said:

What makes you think that? Do they look at apps on a rolling basis before the deadline? I submitted mine only two days before the deadline, so I doubt I'll hear anything so soon.

Yeah I believe they make decisions on a rolling basis. Heard from another guy who received offer only 20 days after his submission to NYU Tandon. 

1 hour ago, OverCloudy said:

Yeah I believe they make decisions on a rolling basis. Heard from another guy who received offer only 20 days after his submission to NYU Tandon. 

Judging by the results on Grad Cafe, Wagner seems to send out results pretty much exclusively in March and beyond, except for the handful of folks who are finalists for fellowships/scholarships and are notified a little sooner so they can interview. Though I suppose it's possible some folks hear sooner but don't post on here.

But I'm all for hoping for something sooner!

I applied by the deadline for the MUP program at Wagner, was super stressed about getting all the essay stuff together on time but managed that ok. Now one of my recommenders has randomly not submitted, even as of this morning. I'm really hoping Wagner is understanding of this situation since I really did a lot to make sure he understood the deadline and gave him many reminders. Anyway, which program is everyone applying to? 

Edited by Jamesvsteel

1 hour ago, Jamesvsteel said:

I applied by the deadline for the MUP program at Wagner, was super stressed about getting all the essay stuff together on time but managed that ok. Now one of my recommenders has randomly not submitted, even as of this morning. I'm really hoping Wagner is understanding of this situation since I really did a lot to make sure he understood the deadline and gave him many reminders. Anyway, which program is everyone applying to? 

I also applied to the MUP program. Also applied to the MPP at Chicago Harris. I will be applying to Berkeley (MCP) and USC (MPP) as well. Depending on the results of my Early Action app to Chicago, I may consider Harvard GSD (MUP) and Penn Design (MCP). 

Nice! I'm also applying to Harris and GSD, I considered doing Harris' early action but it was SO early and their site said submitting in the first round still qualifies for financial aid so I decided to focus on the other hard deadlines. Other programs are split between MPP and MUPs at Michigan, Wisconsin, UIC, CMU, and Harvard Kennedy. I'll be thrilled to get in anywhere and even more thrilled if scholarships can make any of them financially tenable. Just have to apply and wait

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Ellen123 said:

Just got confirmation that my application is complete! Now, for the long wait.

Does anyone know if NYU releases decisions all at once, or if there is a chance we could hear back before 3/2/18?

From what I've read on this site, it seems everyone gets notified more or less at the same time.