Updating schools after submitting apps

Hello very helpful people! Hope you all are doing well. 

I've begun submitting my apps—about half way through and have done my top choice because it was due December 1.

But on Saturday I  found out I've been accepted into a conference for February— a whole other story is how I'm going to prepare for that...

My question is: should I reach out to the schools I've submitted my applications to already? I'm going to update my resume and unsubmitted apps to reflect this upcoming conference. 

I understand that as I'm also waiting on responses from conferences and that arrive any day now, but I think that if you've submitted it you just move on, unless something huge happens like getting a major award.

You could always contact the school, but if you have other conferences and things on your resume, it's at most a small footnote to them. If you included a link to a website with your CV and such, update that, but this isn't something that will make or break your app.

Thanks guys. When I met with an old professor she said that conferences actually don't matter, which I was so surprised to hear. I largely applied to this conference to boost my CV but now I'm trying to think of it as a fun learning experience. 

41 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

Thanks guys. When I met with an old professor she said that conferences actually don't matter, which I was so surprised to hear. I largely applied to this conference to boost my CV but now I'm trying to think of it as a fun learning experience. 

I don't think that conferences matter much for the purposes of admissions. It won't break or make an application but I do think it helps you to get involved with the current discussions happening in Academia.