CSULB MSW

tiennnthai

Did anyone else just get an email from csulb???

Not me! This is taking WAYYYY too long! I haven't heard anything... not even an email about being put on Pending. Did you get something recently?

I actually got an email today at 1130 am. They gave me 3 options! First one they offered me admissions to 3 year program. Second option was to remain pending on 2 year program but they did say that it was filled so there was slim to no chance of getting Into 2 year. Last option was to withdraw completely. So ofcourse I chose option 1! So excited.

I actually got an email today at 1130 am. They gave me 3 options! First one they offered me admissions to 3 year program. Second option was to remain pending on 2 year program but they did say that it was filled so there was slim to no chance of getting Into 2 year. Last option was to withdraw completely. So ofcourse I chose option 1! So excited.

Congrats ! 

Sadly I have not heard anything from CSULB or any other CSU for that matter  :wacko: not even a notification of pending status. I'm giving them til the first week of June to send me anything. I highly doubt I will be accepted to my first choice as they told you its full and chances are slim to none -_- I hate waiting  :(

Hi guys! I just got an email from CSULB and I was accepted into their 3-year program!!! I was starting to lose hope because I applied right on the deadline and seemed like everyone was getting their responses. It took a while, but I am in now! I am from out of state so I have a big move to plan!

Good luck to the rest of you!

Hi guys! I just got an email from CSULB and I was accepted into their 3-year program!!! I was starting to lose hope because I applied right on the deadline and seemed like everyone was getting their responses. It took a while, but I am in now! I am from out of state so I have a big move to plan!

I have yet to hear from CSULB...I applied early February. I was never placed on pending status or anything, but I received an email stating that my application was under "department review," and that was about 7 weeks ago.

CONGRATS!!!!

Does this mean that CSULB isn't accepting anyone into their 2 year program?

The e-mail I received stated that the 2 year was filled up already and they gave me the option to remain pending. But would I only be accepted if those already offered admission declined last minute. That's what I understood. Hope it helps....

Holy Crap! Wasnt expecting this at all but I got an email offering admission to the 3 year program! 

I just got the email as well!! Admission to the 3 year program.

For those who have gotten into the 3 year program, are you interested in accepting the offer? or would you be willing to keep yourself pending?

Im trying to decide and ive made a pros and cons list. The pros are general and personal, but .. Tell me what you think about these cons as this three year program was not my first choice... but still could be a great opportunity..

3 year program... only take two classes each semester for: fall/spring/summer/fall/spring/summer/fall/spring
Field work is only in the second and third year
Would MAYBE have to start paying my loans because Im not a "full" time student
Cohort is small... but the rest of the students are older adults that are working and might be uninterested in creating a community..
Area is... not so great to live in...

Anyone? 

For those who have gotten into the 3 year program, are you interested in accepting the offer? or would you be willing to keep yourself pending?

Im trying to decide and ive made a pros and cons list. The pros are general and personal, but .. Tell me what you think about these cons as this three year program was not my first choice... but still could be a great opportunity..

3 year program... only take two classes each semester for: fall/spring/summer/fall/spring/summer/fall/spring

Field work is only in the second and third year

Would MAYBE have to start paying my loans because Im not a "full" time student

Cohort is small... but the rest of the students are older adults that are working and might be uninterested in creating a community..

Area is... not so great to live in...

Anyone?

I thought about that as well. Originally my first choice was the 2 year but after being offered admissions to the third year I couldn't decline. The reason why I accepted the 3 year was because I now understand how difficult it is to get into LB and didn't want to risk not getting into the 2 year. I also figured that the chances of getting accepted into the 2 year were slim to none sooo I would still have to wait till next year to reapply. Didn't make much of a difference, time wise. And the process of asking for recommendation letters and waiting on people was terrible for me. Another reason why I accepted the 3 year was because I will be able to maintain my job and go to school. I had no idea what I was gonna if I got into the 2 year and not work. And last but not least I have always wanted to be part of lb MSW program. It's close to home, I'm not getting into a 95k debt and the program is great....

About what you said about older people...I am hoping there are younger students like myself who also have to work and considered as their first choice :)

Iber,

Well, the 3-year program was my first choice. I guess you can call me an "older adult" (I am 28 lol). However, I think it will be a good opportunity to be able to work in my case while I am in school. Yes, you only take two classes a semester. However, I think that you don't pay your loans unless you drop to like 6 credits a semester.... I am not sure how the semester schedule works since I come from the quarter system.

Anyway, I think it will be great. The 2nd and 3rd year you do your field internship which will be during the day anyway, so I think the only difference would be the in-class experience. Also, I have taken classes with older adults and they are more open and willing to invest their time in projects than the younger students I have had experience with.

Do you mind sharing some stats? Congrats!!

Sociology major, 3.1 Cum GPA

2 years of AmeriCorps service with youth in South LA

2 years mentoring youth and doing a variety of service work in urban communities

I decided to decline the offer for the 3-year program and let them know yesterday. I'm really set on getting my MSW in 2 years, and overall CSULA will be a more convenient option for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mean that CSULB isn't accepting anyone into their 2 year program? 

I got accepted into their 2 year program and will most likely go to CSUF, my spot might open up for one of you guys.