NOT EVEN ONE ACCEPTANCE YET? LETS VENT HERE!!

Ugh I'm so fed up with waiting! I just wanna know if I have somewhere to go this fall or if I don't.

I know what you mean.  Same here. It is tough, but we need to stay strong.  You applied to 26 schools? lol

I'm going absolutely nuts! I can't stop checking my mail! My grad school rejection nightmares are at an all time high! This thread is a great idea for us lost souls with no acceptances yet lol

Yes! I'm so glad this thread is happening! I had to listen to a classmate stress about which school to pick today, meanwhile I'm wondering if I get to go to grad school this year. Jealousy is ugly so I'll stop now, but yes, I'm excited we can make each other feel not so alone :)

Edited by portnut2014

I know what you mean.  Same here. It is tough, but we need to stay strong.  You applied to 26 schools? lol

No, I only applied to 7 schools. I had my interview at Midwestern on Feb 26.. That's what that meant.

Any ideas what u will do just in case?

If I don't get in for this fall, I'm going to retake the GRE (AND STUDY MY BUTT OFF) this summer because that's my weakest part of my application. I will stay with the family that I nanny for currently and then just apply for spring admissions. I'll probably take the class that I know will bring my GPA down after this semester over again too. I probably shouldn't think about all of this, but it's hard not to with two rejections and no acceptances!

I got waitlisted at several schools and I'm beginning to panic. I thought that hearing from schools would lessen my stress but it's made it even worse. I definitely had an emotional day and a good cry in the shower.

I definitely freaked out last weekend! Applied to three schools, rejected from one and waitlisted at two! The wait is killer. My fiance' and I have a back up plan though. I'll just work at the daycare or as a secretary for two years and have a baby that I've been wanting to but wouldn't have been able to as easily in grad school. Then I'll reapply in two years and if I don't get in then it's just not meant to be. Thankfully he has a great job so although we can't move which sucks, I don't necessrily have to go to grad school but of course would love the opportunity to study what I've been working on the past 3 years!

I'm trying SO hard to stay positive and spread that positive energy to my peers. It's just been so difficult to maintain when all I receive is Rejection or Waitlist notifications. Holding out for a miracle. I still have several to hear from so I'm keeping my head up, but I'm also glad to see that others are in the same boat. Stay strong everyone!

My holistic health minor taught me to focus on positivity, but my spirit is really being put to the test. It's the middle of March and I've only heard from one of twelve schools, which blows my mind! The April 15 deadline is approaching rather quickly. I hope that I'm not bombarded by decisions too close to the deadline. I don't want to make any irrational choices.

My fingers and toes are crossed for everyone! Great thread idea!

I definitely freaked out last weekend! Applied to three schools, rejected from one and waitlisted at two! The wait is killer. My fiance' and I have a back up plan though. I'll just work at the daycare or as a secretary for two years and have a baby that I've been wanting to but wouldn't have been able to as easily in grad school. Then I'll reapply in two years and if I don't get in then it's just not meant to be. Thankfully he has a great job so although we can't move which sucks, I don't necessrily have to go to grad school but of course would love the opportunity to study what I've been working on the past 3 years!

I hope you get off of a waitlist but I think that's an awesome back up plan!!

I had a mental breakdown yesterday :( And then I received another rejection today. I know I don't have a strong GPA, but I graduated college 2 years ago and I am so much more focused (and mature) than I was at that time. I took a couple speech graduate courses last semester and got a 4.0 in those classes, but it seems like my application still isn't strong enough. I am so incredibly nervous! I know I still have more schools to hear from, but when there has only been rejections, it's easy to let my mind wander to the negative :(

Hugs to everyone on this board! 

Had an extreme mental breakdown today after seeing two of my top schools have sent out acceptance letters today and yesterday and I have still yet to hear anything. I'm not really sure of a back up plan I just want to get into a school. I don't even care where! Pleassseeee lol

I only applied to schools that didn't require the GRE because i am so terrified of standardized test or any test for that matter.  My GPA isn't great at all.  I do have a lot of experience and related experience.  My next step is continue to work, try to take the GRE, and apply for spring admission.  An SLP i worked with also gave me terrible reference.  I realized it because one of the schools i applied to only wanted 2 references and i decide to take out one of my references.  I took out hers because i had a terrible feeling and i was right.  She gave me a terrible reference.  This is someone that acted like they really like me.  So i know that will affect me for sure. But yes sending out positive vibes for everyone.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS THREAD! I'm going insane. I hope you guys don't mind my jumping in your SLP thread--the Audiology forum is a lonely place because literally everyone else has received an acceptance...I'm debating applying to NOVA because I'm so worried I won't get in anywhere. I've been rejected at Iowa and Illinois so far. I had interviews at NIU and Bloomsburg. NIU did not go well at all. I haven't heard from Syracuse and Missouri and saw acceptances go out already.

So, I am reasoning that I probably have 5 schools still in the running, including UBC. I don't even think I have much of a chance at UBC, so maybe just 4? Help! Should I apply to NOVA or just wait? Does anyone know if Akron, Bloomsburg, Wichita State, and South Alabama accept many international students? 

I don't have a back up plan if I don't get in. This is my second year applying and I will be absolutely crushed.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS THREAD! I'm going insane. I hope you guys don't mind my jumping in your SLP thread--the Audiology forum is a lonely place because literally everyone else has received an acceptance...I'm debating applying to NOVA because I'm so worried I won't get in anywhere. I've been rejected at Iowa and Illinois so far. I had interviews at NIU and Bloomsburg. NIU did not go well at all. I haven't heard from Syracuse and Missouri and saw acceptances go out already.

So, I am reasoning that I probably have 5 schools still in the running, including UBC. I don't even think I have much of a chance at UBC, so maybe just 4? Help! Should I apply to NOVA or just wait? Does anyone know if Akron, Bloomsburg, Wichita State, and South Alabama accept many international students? 

I don't have a back up plan if I don't get in. This is my second year applying and I will be absolutely crushed.

I know NOVA has rolling admissions, so it won't hurt to apply early. Stay positive though! You still may get in to one of the others!

I only applied to schools that didn't require the GRE because i am so terrified of standardized test or any test for that matter.  My GPA isn't great at all.  I do have a lot of experience and related experience.  My next step is continue to work, try to take the GRE, and apply for spring admission.  An SLP i worked with also gave me terrible reference.  I realized it because one of the schools i applied to only wanted 2 references and i decide to take out one of my references.  I took out hers because i had a terrible feeling and i was right.  She gave me a terrible reference.  This is someone that acted like they really like me.  So i know that will affect me for sure. But yes sending out positive vibes for everyone.

Wow, I can't believe that. If a person is not going to write a positive reference for you then they should decline!

I just wanna hear something already! I keep coming back to these forums to see if people have heard from the schools that I've applied to. I'm holding onto hope, but I'm getting nervous! 

A couple schools I've applied to say they "may" require an interview. I've heard that some people have had interviews this week, but I haven't been contacted at all for an interview! I don't know if me not being contacted is basically a rejection OR, maybe they liked me & didn't feel the need to interview me?! (HA, definitely wishful thinking though!) What do you guys think??

It's unbelievable how competitive this program is!  :( & whenever I try to explain to non-CD people, they just don't get it!

Wow, I can't believe that. If a person is not going to write a positive reference for you then they should decline!

I know right?  That is what everyone said.  When i asked her the response was "i will give you a reference and hope that it will be helpful".  That is when i had a bad feeling about it.  Her response basically sounded like i am not good enough to go to grad school.  She asked me to look at other alternative like ECE.  She is older and she just has her BA before the masters became mandatory.  So i am guessing she doesn't want me to get a masters.  She did pretend really as if she care about me.  Such is life.

talk about worst nightmare coming true!!

I totally agree with "if you cant say something nice, then dont say anything at all" when it comes to letters of rec. I think people who do this seriously have no conscience, since they're messing with someones future.

My plan B will be to re-take the GRE and do really good on it! Take some courses through open university at my school to raise my last 60 unit GPA, and also take some classes at the local community college to raise my cum GPA, since i know i cant do much for my CSD GPA. Hopefully I can get some other extra experiences under my belt as well- who knows in what though.

It's unbelievable how competitive this program is!  :( & whenever I try to explain to non-CD people, they just don't get it!

I know! All my friends think that it won't be a problem, and other people who don't really understand what SLP is think everyone just gets in. Which makes getting rejected  even more frustrating :(