NOT EVEN ONE ACCEPTANCE YET? LETS VENT HERE!!

I've definitely shed about 2 liters of tears already. :( I am glad there are others out there going through the same thing, so I know I'm not crazy. This is absolutely so stressful! Being on the wait list is not helpful either (even though it's not a rejection), especially when the list is LONG and there's no guarantee that I'd even get in. Can't others who already have gotten accepted leave some spots for us???? I am still trying to remain positive and pray for a miracle. Maybe if we all simultaneously send huge positive energy, we'll get some good news? 

I've definitely shed about 2 liters of tears already. :( I am glad there are others out there going through the same thing, so I know I'm not crazy. This is absolutely so stressful! Being on the wait list is not helpful either (even though it's not a rejection), especially when the list is LONG and there's no guarantee that I'd even get in. Can't others who already have gotten accepted leave some spots for us???? I am still trying to remain positive and pray for a miracle. Maybe if we all simultaneously send huge positive energy, we'll get some good news? 

I know, I'm so grateful to those who do decline their spots as soon as they make their decisions. It's the most considerate thing one can do in this process! :) I hope you get in off of your wait list. 

Thank you for making this thread!

I have been overcome with worry and fear this application cycle. I only applied to three programs as well and this is my second year applying. If I don't get accepted to any program I will be heartbroken. My back up plan is to study like crazy to bring up my GRE scores, start working full time to pay off my student loans, and stay current on SLP/Aud articles. I will definitely consider applying to programs with Spring and rolling admissions, but I really think I need to bring up my GRE before applying anywhere else.

In the meantime, I am trying to stay positive and do everything I can to keep my mind off of my applications. Bedtime is the worst though. I had insomnia before this application cycle started and now it takes me forever to fall asleep as I can't quiet all of my crazy application thoughts. lol I can't tell you how much reading this thread has helped though. It's nice to know I am not alone on this emotional roller coaster. :D

Have received one rejection and one wait list - I understand the feelings of everyone, trying to stay positive though! It'll all work out as it should.

This is my third year applying and I have now started working on my backup plan. I have worked for 2 years as a SLP in two schools in MN. I decided that if I didn't get in this year I was going to move on. This year, I applied to only 2 Speech schools (the ones I was waitlisted at last year) and have also applied to a Deaf Education program. I met with the lady that advises for that program and she said that with my stats and experience I will have absolutely no problem getting into their Master's program and that they don't reject people like the speech programs do. She advised me to start taking online classes through a community college this spring to get a few classes out of the way. There are a lot of similarities between the two programs and feel that this would also be a good fit for me. I am ready to start figuring out where I plan to live long term so I am sick of not knowing what I am going to do with my life. The nice thing about the program is I will obtaining a teaching license to work with students who are d/hoh and ca Master of Education because it is a duel licensure program so I will have a few different options.

I know it is hard to think of a back up plan when this is all you want to do.  But i believe everything happens for a reason and SLP is not the only profession in the world.

It's hard to keep optimism, no matter how much you prepare yourself for realistic outcomes such as getting rejected, it somehow always creeps the tears out of you. It happened to me on Friday, I checked my mail and got 2 rejections. It feels like a waste of time and money but I cried for a little bit and began on my optimistic path once more. :)

Edited by LDadvocate

I'm trying to decide whether or not to call a school to check on the status.. 

And I just saw like three results for Western Michigan on the results page and I haven't heard back.. I feel like this is bad :/

My spirit is extremely crushed today.

I also had a dream/nightmare that I went to the house of the program head of one of the schools I applied to at night time when he was about to go to sleep and literally begged him to let me in to the program. And he said that decisions were already sent out but I could speak with him on the phone.

I'm still trying to be optimistic, but gosh it is so difficult.  

Edited by daisynic

Great thread idea! 

I've been going crazy waiting for responses but I keep telling myself "no news, is good news" 

Every single time my phone goes off with an email my heart starts racing because I know it's a rejection..I know that's such a negative way to think but I don't have the best stats so I'm relying on my experiences, PS, and LORs  to get me in somewhere and if I receive something now, it def can't be an acceptance 

I can't even begin to think of what my plan B should be...I'm teaching right now but it really isn't something I want to stick to 

Awww! Omg I want to say don't worry you'll get in somewhere but I hate when all my friends and family say that to me because they really don't know how competitive this program is to get into! 

I totally agree, the stress of all this has def taken a toll on me, I literally stay up most of the night thinking about this and the what if I don't make it :( I totally agree with you on wishing those who got into schools would accept/decline quickly so others know if they have spots! 

Ughhh, just keep your head up and pray...that's all I do :/

I love this thread! I've been rejected from 4 programs, mainly city located programs, but nonetheless it is discouraging. I'm starting NOT to check my email because it has now been negatively reinforced with rejections lol. 9 more to go...fearing failure.  :unsure:

I hope everyone gets in somewhere! 

I hope it gets warm out really soon because that really cheers up my day!  :lol:

I'm trying to decide whether or not to call a school to check on the status.. 

And I just saw like three results for Western Michigan on the results page and I haven't heard back.. I feel like this is bad :/

I'm in the same boat for Missouri...ugh. 

My first notification was into my safety, which is great! But I really don't know anything about the program. After that, 3 rejections, and I'm starting to wonder if I'll get in anywhere else. :( my stats aren't the best, but I'm really hoping that some of my other schools will send me some hope <3 been praying a lot lately, and I never do that!

My first notification was into my safety, which is great! But I really don't know anything about the program. After that, 3 rejections, and I'm starting to wonder if I'll get in anywhere else. :( my stats aren't the best, but I'm really hoping that some of my other schools will send me some hope <3 been praying a lot lately, and I never do that!

You applied to 13 programs and still have 9 to hear from so I'm sure you will hear from someone else! And you never know, maybe that school you've already been accepted to will end up being the perfect fit for you. 

Edited by DeafAudi

This is my second time applying and I have already had four rejections!! Two more to go and the last two are my top choices. I am praying for some sort of miracle. Glad I'm here with people in the same boat. Let's hope for

Those life boats to come soon, I can only float on this door for so long, and I lost my Leo a while ago.

Edited by jenbugg86

This is my second time applying and I have already had five rejections!! Two more to go and the last two are my top choices. I am praying for some sort of miracle. Glad I'm here with people in the same boat. Let's hope for

Those life boats to come soon, I can only float on this door for so long, and I lost my Leo a while ago.

It's my second time applying with 5 rejections as well! Hang in there! 

It is my first time applying and i feel for all of you who have been trying each year.  I have been so afraid of rejection that is why i never tried applying until now.