GW Elliott Fall 2016

hina234

In the threads from last year, it looks like funding letters came separately but the same day as acceptances. I don't think they released their decision letters on a Friday afternoon though, so we might have to wait until Monday. 

Just found out I was accepted to the International Affairs program! Someone in the results page said they had a phone call and were told next week for funding notification. Fingers crossed! SIS gave me nothing. 

Did anyone hear from the International Development program? Also, what is the acceptance deadline you guys had in your letters? That might be a pointer towards funding or no funding.

4 hours ago, pyrhuss said:

Did anyone hear from the International Development program? Also, what is the acceptance deadline you guys had in your letters? That might be a pointer towards funding or no funding.

I was accepted into the International Development program. The acceptance deadline is May 1st.

6 minutes ago, kasbah said:

I was accepted into the International Development program. The acceptance deadline is May 1st.

Strange, I applied to the same program and haven't received anything yet.

7 hours ago, billythekid72 said:

Congratulations to all those who have been accepted!

Has anyone heard back from the International Trade and Investment Policy program?

I applied to that program and I received the letter saying I was accepted, but also no information on funding. Looks like a long weekend of waiting.

4 hours ago, Grad Decision 2016 said:

I applied to that program and I received the letter saying I was accepted, but also no information on funding. Looks like a long weekend of waiting.

Congrats! Thanks for the heads up, hopefully I will be hearing back on Monday. GWU is the last choice that I am waiting on. 

Hi everyone,

I'm in the same boat you all are in –I was accepted but I haven't been told anything about funding yet. However, today something weird happened. I got an email from a member of GWU's faculty congratulating me for being accepted and inviting me to go to the admitted student day or to go sit in on a class. That person also said I had expressed interest in working with him/her (unspecified to maintain anonymity), but I never did so! Is this common practice in the US? He/she specializes in the region I'm from, so maybe that's it. Or could it be a simple mistake?

By the way, I made this account in order to post this, but I've been lurking here for a long time now. Thanks everyone and good luck!

1 hour ago, ursusinopinatus said:

Hi everyone,

I'm in the same boat you all are in –I was accepted but I haven't been told anything about funding yet. However, today something weird happened. I got an email from a member of GWU's faculty congratulating me for being accepted and inviting me to go to the admitted student day or to go sit in on a class. That person also said I had expressed interest in working with him/her (unspecified to maintain anonymity), but I never did so! Is this common practice in the US? He/she specializes in the region I'm from, so maybe that's it. Or could it be a simple mistake?

By the way, I made this account in order to post this, but I've been lurking here for a long time now. Thanks everyone and good luck!

Exact same thing happened to me.

I think the funding letters might come out early April? The sole reason for this guess is that Wolcott Fellowship recipients are announced early April. I haven't talked to anyone in Admissions. 

22 minutes ago, hina234 said:

I think the funding letters might come out early April? The sole reason for this guess is that Wolcott Fellowship recipients are announced early April. I haven't talked to anyone in Admissions. 

Oh wow, I really hope not. That would be brutal.

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I still haven't heard even back about acceptance or rejection. I'm assuming not the former, since everyone already reporting seems to have gotten in. But given that their website says:

"Q: Do you have a rolling admissions process?
A: No. The Office of Graduate Admissions will notify all applicants of admission decisions in March for fall admission or November for spring admission. "

...I'm confused. I called the office yesterday, but they could not tell me anything. 

44 minutes ago, HieronymusB said:

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I still haven't heard even back about acceptance or rejection. I'm assuming not the former, since everyone already reporting seems to have gotten in. But given that their website says:

"Q: Do you have a rolling admissions process?
A: No. The Office of Graduate Admissions will notify all applicants of admission decisions in March for fall admission or November for spring admission. "

...I'm confused. I called the office yesterday, but they could not tell me anything.

You're not alone. I didn't hear anything either.

I made an account just to post this, but it looks like the GW Offices will be closed today because the metro is currently shut down until tomorrow morning. We probably won't be getting any updates on admissions/funding today! Take the day off from waiting, and try to relax. :)