Has anyone had to take aural rehabilitation online during the summer before starting grad school? The school I'm going to attend offers it in the first year spring semester, but I think I'd rather take it online and make for a lighter course load that spring semester.  If you have taken it online, are there any certain colleges that you've taken it through and have good experiences with? 

15 minutes ago, futureslp112 said:

Has anyone had to take aural rehabilitation online during the summer before starting grad school? The school I'm going to attend offers it in the first year spring semester, but I think I'd rather take it online and make for a lighter course load that spring semester.  If you have taken it online, are there any certain colleges that you've taken it through and have good experiences with? 

I'm taking Aural Rehab right now through ENMU's online program, and I like it.  

I took COMD 5330 through Utah State and it was relatively inexpensive & fairly easy. However the professor is a horrible lecturer as he rambles on and on. Be forewarned if you do decide to take it.

On 3/25/2017 at 11:36 AM, edardi1 said:

I'm taking Aural Rehab right now through ENMU's online program, and I like it.  

I'm looking to take Aural Rehab through ENMU this summer. I've never done this before so I am completely lost. Did you have to apply to ENMU in order to take just the one course? How did you sign up/register? Any information helps, thank you! 

On 3/27/2017 at 0:03 PM, katelynmarie said:

I'm looking to take Aural Rehab through ENMU this summer. I've never done this before so I am completely lost. Did you have to apply to ENMU in order to take just the one course? How did you sign up/register? Any information helps, thank you! 

I applied for their leveling program.  Ive taken several classes from them.  email Suzanne swift and she'll tell you how to apply. 

On 3/27/2017 at 1:03 PM, katelynmarie said:

Hi, I am taking Aural Rehab at ENMU right now. You have to apply to ENMU, but it is super easy and free(!) so it's not a big deal. You should be able to find the application link on their website. If I remember right, I signed up as a CDIS leveling student. Then you can take as many courses as you need. After you apply, you will have to talk to Suzanne Swift about getting signed up, I think. 

On 3/25/2017 at 11:21 AM, futureslp112 said:

I'm doing the 8-week version so it only started a few days ago, but so far it seems manageable. There are quizzes and discussion boards every week, and a bunch of online lectures to watch. I picked ENMU because it was the cheapest, and so far the classes have all been pretty good! Also I think if you take it during the summer, it is cheaper.

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2017 at 7:08 PM, SLPhilly said:

Hi, I am taking Aural Rehab at ENMU right now. You have to apply to ENMU, but it is super easy and free(!) so it's not a big deal. You should be able to find the application link on their website. If I remember right, I signed up as a CDIS leveling student. Then you can take as many courses as you need. After you apply, you will have to talk to Suzanne Swift about getting signed up, I think. 

I'm doing the 8-week version so it only started a few days ago, but so far it seems manageable. There are quizzes and discussion boards every week, and a bunch of online lectures to watch. I picked ENMU because it was the cheapest, and so far the classes have all been pretty good! Also I think if you take it during the summer, it is cheaper.

Hey! I know its a year later, but was looking into the 8 week course for Aural Rehab at ENMU. Wanted to know if you thought taking it in 8 weeks was manageable and if you thought the class was easy. Not sure if I should do the entire semester or 8 weeks! Who was your professor?

I took it online! I didn't want to take it during my graduate school year, you have so much else to worry about! I can't imagine taking another class. I took it at USU and I really enjoyed it.