They are indeed very nice people. Thank you for wishing me good luck and I have been feeling so anxious. Had two interviews and it just seems brutally competitive. I guess more news will come in February xD
Good luck, Adelaide9216! The competition does look fierce. I'm thinking the key difference between Trudeau and the Tri-Council ones would be (non-academic) leadership? Have no idea how to prove that though.
Hi Christian, I hope you hear some good news soon! UBC also has a Hong Kong Studies initiative and there have been some exciting events going on. UAlberta's MA program is pretty great because their students are generally well-funded, plus it is an MA-only program so you'd probably get more faculty attention. I am less familiar with U of T and not sure if anyone there is interested in Hong Kong or Sinophone studies. Best of luck!
Hi there! I am interested in transnational and diasporic studies and I applied to a mix of comp lit (Harvard and Penn State), literature (UCSD and Duke), and area studies programs. Good luck to everyone!