Mystic_Sunshine
Members-
Posts
233 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
13
Everything posted by Mystic_Sunshine
-
Oh gosh. I've read the handbook. Stalked every social media post. Read stuff from the faculty. Googled alumni....It's been...bad. but its the only program I've let myself imagine myself at since its the only good news I got lol.
-
I've never related to someone so much because we are in a very similar situation. I also only really have OIe Miss as I am assuming my pending ones are soft rejections. I could be surprised by UNLV but I'm not holding my breath because I just don't think it's likely for me to get in based on my results. I too have obsessed over every detail of Ole Miss and would be heartbroken if I don't get accepted.
-
For me, just UNLV and Ole Miss.
-
What are people still waiting on that isn't soft rejection? I saw UNLV for poetry and non fiction but not fiction unless I'm missing it or no one reported.
-
Well, looks like my misery isn't going to be ending soon. Thank you for sharing. Ugh. A couple of weeks. Why so behind I wonder.
-
Part of me feels like it's either going to be today or Friday with no in between lol.
-
🕯️ Lighting a candle and hoping ole miss puts me out of my misery soon.
-
Good Morning Guys! Just wanted to say a huge congrats to @curfew and @pearadox for getting into Iowa. Congrats @orb weaver for UF. And anyone else I'm forgetting Also @everything bagel lover hoping you get that good news on funding soon. If makes you feel better, I too am having weird dreams.
-
Yeah, I agree it does have its own complications. College towns are always difficult because it can be hard to find communities outside of it. Thank you It's interesting because I think for a while UNLV a pretty under the radar program and now it doesn't seem to be that way. Although, reno definitely seems to receive applicants than Vegas. I think this season I didn't have a good grasp of what programs are highly competitive and which ones have less applicants (even though they all are). I applied for fiction this year. I had originally wanted to apply to a mix but I was doing more fiction writing at the time. I probably would do a mix next time. Well here is to hoping next week is filled with good news for all of us.
-
Just wanted to say I'm sorry! I understand the whole moving thing. It's possible I will be dragging my partner to a part of the U.S they don't want to live in. Unless, this whole thing doesn't work out for me lol and then we are going to try to be nomadic for a few months. Does UNLV feel out of reach because of how many applicants they get? I also applied there so I'm trying to tell myself that it isn't likely to happen even though it was one of the programs I was most excited about. I think if I don't land anywhere this year though I'm going to reapply in nonfiction at UNLV. I'm really really hoping that CSU gives you that funding. I don't think you need to feel like you need to keep reaching out right now because it is likely that they are just waiting on people who are also waiting. Though, I get why you want to.
-
Oh sorry!!! Congrats Best of luck!
-
Tbh I'm assuming if they didn't interview then they weren't actually considering those applicants. I got the letter too but im thinking they probably already have their shortlist.
-
I can't handle this.
-
oh yeah, strange. and who knows since there is only one.
-
on the spreadsheet on 3/5 one person got a fiction acceptance via email. They typed ole miss instead of Mississippi Though I see most waitlist went out on the 10th.
-
Mississippi gave an acceptance on this day a year ago so I'm manifesting. Please please please.
-
🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Mississippi Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Also replacing my candles.
-
I guess RIP to my summoning today for NWP. My chances and hope are dwindling and so is my hope but here is still to manifesting good news this week.
-
Good point. I would think places would want to go ahead and get offers out for waitlist/April 15th resolution if they are part of it.
-
I looked up Ole Miss and there spring break is next week so I'm hoping that means it could be this week. Same for boulder. Maybe certain programs notify over spring break? Idk
-
🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Mississippi Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ UNLV Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Maryland Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Colorado Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ NWP Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Please and thank you MFA gods. I promise to help people next year if I get in.
-
please tell me that next week won't be torturous and silent because of spring break. Someone sedate me.
-
I applied to CU Boulder as well. I'd hope (and anticipate) that the department knows the majority of students need funding to make an MFA work and would be really clear and transparent about funding. That way any choice can be an informed one.
-
I'm wondering what happened to Nevada lol. More applications? Behind for some other reason?
-
Mine does say met but I sent it directly via parchment. I'm sure your fine with the backup though!
