Mystic_Sunshine
Members-
Posts
233 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
13
Everything posted by Mystic_Sunshine
-
I also applied to boulder. I'm thinking Mississippi will probably take another week since March 1st was the deadline to submit the application.
-
is this a loud or quiet week do we think? It's looking like Mississippi might be only chance and waiting for them is torture at this point.
-
I didn't know LSU does interviews. So I guess I'm taking that as a soft rejection.
-
Thank you ❤️ I really appreciate it!!
-
Solidarity here. Yesterday I cried literally all day. It's been a rough season and it's okay to feel down. Best of luck to you in the coming weeks.
-
Waiting on Cu Boulder, LSU, UNLV, Maryland, UVA, and Ole Miss. I'm bringing both pets and a partner. Yeah, so there were a lot of places that I didn't apply to because it would be hard for them or we wouldn't be able to find housing that accommodates pets. Like NYU, Hunter ect were always off the table for me. Hilarious (but not actually) the only school I applied to where they didn't like the location is the one I made it to round 2 for.
-
I got this too! I'm confused because they still say application is under consideration but interview invites already went out. Someone put me out of my dang misery.
-
Because there is one VT acceptance in the draft I now cannot think or function hoping there is still a chance.
-
It's okay It's helpful to know that honestly this process is really tough for most of us. Even if the overall experience is different.
-
Thanks. I'm really hoping that I get an acceptance from Ole Miss since it is my top choice. I really hope you get that funding soon! Colorado is lovely.
-
Just a distraction post because I'm clawing at the walls with no news and an uncertain future. Have any of you decided where you will be attending? Would love to hear what those of you who have had good news are excited about.
-
LSU routinely is one of the last to notify. Edit: Just checked and mine doesn't say anything but I had never checked it before
-
idk if this is just me but a lot of places feel behind this year.
-
It feels like I've been going for a long time with no news.
-
Big congrats to you both!!
-
I also just wanted to say hope you are feeling better. I too have cried a lot and that is okay!
-
Not at all honestly. I think the CV is one of the most minor considerations of the application and it really will just come down to your sample + fit. fit being are you right for the type of cohort they are developing.
-
Honestly, after receiving so many rejections, I don't think I'm going to get in but it would be a dream.
-
That UNLV jump scare is gonna hurt me so bad.
-
Thank you! Guess I need to get comfy with the fact Imma be in continued limbo for another couple weeks.
-
Hey Alexa, play "we're all in this together". Rooting for us all so much. Even if that means next application cycle.
-
I don't mind! I've received no word from UNLV, CU Boulder, Maryland, UVA (Which I know is usually March, LSU (which is also late march ah), New Writers Project, Virginia Tech. I'm also waiting for Mississippi because I made it round 2. I didn't look up much about CSU's program but I love Colorado. So, hope you get good news from them soon! And best of luck with the others
-
What places are people still waiting on? I've got 8 left (I still have some soft rejections).
-
Can I claim this too? MFA gods...pls
-
Just to add on to this conversation with my own thoughts - I think most people dream of getting into one of the most prestigious programs. However, the beautiful thing about an MFA is that the work that you go on to do is mostly dependent on you. No degree will ever be able to define the type of writer you become or even the career you have. And your writing life is so much longer than the MFA. Funding is important. Location can also be important and impact accepting/denying a program. However, mentorship can be found at both presistigious and less prestigious programs. For me, the things I'm looking in for a program are mentorship and an active literary community. I've received zero acceptances (but one round 2) and I'm really super excited about that program because I think it has the things I'm looking for. And they are excited about me (unless it turns into a rejection this will age badly) and that makes me excited about their program. I think my sample could have been improved but I truly put forth work that represents me as a writer and having a program be eager about that makes me feel like I could thrive there. You don't have to say yes to ANY program (or your friend in this case) but I think deciding why you want an MFA and if a program can provide that are important and that isn't always linked to prestige. But even with all that being said, if Iowa wants to give me that call now it'd be greatly appreciated
