Mystic_Sunshine
Members-
Posts
233 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
13
Everything posted by Mystic_Sunshine
-
Did you apply to many of the same schools or different ones? And did you change your sample completely? You don't have to answer if you don't want
-
I've just been trying to tell myself that it's okay if I have to apply again. I can continue to write and try again at different schools next year. That this was a learning process and to give myself grace. I also cry a lot though
-
This one is making me so anxious. I think knowing an exact date they finish reading is maybe worse lol.
-
I'm wondering if Mississippi has contacted anyone. The reading period is over Saturday so strange no news
-
Thank you for your response I think that is what I should have done. Sought out programs that didn't automatically get recognized as the most prestigious. but then part of me thinks I would have always wondered. I also have teaching experience so maybe that is something I will keep in mind if I have to go through another round. I'd also try to work on getting more things published.
-
I don't think reapplying would be the worst thing in the world. It's more about the money
-
For those of you are on a second app round. What were your strategies for the 2nd season? I know that I'm going all doom and gloom pretty early but man.
-
The thing says they got a call 2 days ago so I'm assuming all acceptances have gone out.
-
I'm gonna throw up. Vandy is my dream school and now I'm thinking it's a no
-
Thank you! I think I made a mistake this time around by applying to the most popular schools.
-
I'm in the same boat. I've already started my list for next year as a coping mechanism. It's so hard to even figure out though which programs make good safety(ish) schools. Does anyone have any ideas?
-
Yeah. Agree! Although I think Iowa is one of the schools that doesn't always notify everyone together.
-
No news for me yesterday. Wonder if there will be any today.
-
what schools do we think will notify this week? looks like for me I'm thinking it's pretty silent this week with news in the next 2.
-
The usual answer for why it takes longer is just an admin thing. Someone has to go in and do all the rejections. But all programs do it differently. I I applied to Minnesota though and I'm assuming rejection.
-
idk after my official rejection and my other anticipated ones I've been a little thankful for the reprieve from bad news. but also ready to get it over with so
-
Since we have talked each week about who is gonna notify. What week do you actually think people will receive the most news? I'm thinking maybe not next week but the week after but that is a total guess.
-
cried not screamed but its all good.
-
hmm some of mine are should be close ish (like northwestern, Upitt, and Minnesota) but I have a feeling that will be next week. You?
-
same still hoping there is a chance for waitlist at UIUC
-
I got an email from gradcas saying I could apply to other programs and it made me so sad because I thought it was news.
-
I think it just literally means that your app has went through. But not any indication that you will receive word soon. Just that the readers/faculty have it and can view it.
-
I don't blame you. I check everything all the time and it's super difficult to not to want it all to be over with asap.
-
It's possible. Idk weirdly enough not a single person posted Ohio state acceptances which I thought would never happen. They notified on 1/31 of rejections. So I assume it takes a while for them to put rejections in. But we will probably have news next week. But Ohio state did have waitlists. Soo I would think there would be one or the other on draft?
-
It's so good! Only one episode is out for the first season but it was a 10/10 watch.
