-
Posts
549 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
5
Everything posted by lolopixie
-
Stupid, Stupid GRE
lolopixie replied to lolopixie's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
How did it go for you? -
Stupid, Stupid GRE
lolopixie replied to lolopixie's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
79th percentile verbal. I scored 62nd percentile in September. I'm actually really happy with that score because I worked really hard to get it. It might not be that impressive to some of the people on the board that scored in the 90th percentile or higher, but considering the first time I took it I was in the 36th percentile, I think I did an awesome job. -
Stupid, Stupid GRE
lolopixie replied to lolopixie's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Today is the day...test in an hour and a half. -
0% Confidence of Acceptance
lolopixie replied to TripWillis's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Amazingly, I have not had a drop of alcohol in the past 4 months. Just not feeling it. Coffee on the other hand... -
I would probably agree with German or French, but you may not wind up picking the language for your language requirement. Some schools state that your committee will choose the language best suited based upon your area of study. I would assume you would have some sort of say so, but who knows. That isn't every school though.
-
0% Confidence of Acceptance
lolopixie replied to TripWillis's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
That sounds fancy! Good word usage. -
Read Any Good Books Recently?
lolopixie replied to lolopixie's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
My bad on the school mess up - regardless...still want her life! -
0% Confidence of Acceptance
lolopixie replied to TripWillis's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
I have an idea. I say if we don't get in we usurp the ETS and we create our own newfound money making machine directed at impoverished students. Who's with me?!?! -
Stupid, Stupid GRE
lolopixie replied to lolopixie's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
T-23 hours 30 minutes til GO TIME! -
Predictor of Admit Chances?
lolopixie replied to Grunty DaGnome's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
HAHA! -
Predictor of Admit Chances?
lolopixie replied to Grunty DaGnome's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
haha! Q. Will I get into Miami? A. Definitely Q. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? A. No way! Q. How dare you? A. Definitely -
Read Any Good Books Recently?
lolopixie replied to lolopixie's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
If you liked The Historian, I recommend you read A Discovery of Witches. http://deborahharkness.com/discovery-of-witches/ It is the 1st book out of a trilogy, which the 2nd book releases in Summer 2012. I fell in love with this book. I was literally running home from work to read -- GO AWAY! I NEED TO BE ALONE WITH THIS! Deborah Harkness, the author, is a professor of History at UC-Davis and a wine-blogger. She does an amazing job of bringing the reader into the setting - there is so much history in this book, and the way she talks about wine...my god! I want her life. -
Read Any Good Books Recently?
lolopixie replied to lolopixie's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Ah, The Historian...I've read that. Couldn't put it down. -
I knew there was trick!!
-
Read Any Good Books Recently?
lolopixie replied to lolopixie's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
I've read Frankenstein countless times. Never got around to Dracula. So sad. -
Even shorter, fantastic - being laconic while writing about Lacan!
-
Me likey - thank you! Seriously could not think of another way to phrase it. This is when you know your brain is turning to mush.
-
I've been so overwhelmed with GRE study and application polishing that I have not been able to do much reading at all. I joined the world of e-reader yesterday, and there were a couple classics already preloaded on it. I actually have not read Dracula, so I am reading that now. I also ordered Elizabeth Nunez's new novel, Boundaries, and I am super excited about that. Anybody else have any suggestions/hot reads recently?
-
Off topic question: what is another phrase for "not need"? Example: It allows for the child to recognize that he or she is a seperate entity, but does not allow for the child to not need their mother for guidance and influence. Please help. I'm having a mildly retarded moment.
-
Again, you're correct.
-
I'm sticking to MLA guidelines straight out of the book to be safe. Plus, I dance back and forth between texts within paragraphs, so my citations do need to clarify.
-
LOL you're welcome. I pulled out my MLA book last weekend to make sure I had the same thing formatted correctly in my WS. I'm working on mine right now too, and I have to say it is starting to KICK ASS!
-
That's correct.
