Yale MFA 2018

Sylvieee

4 hours ago, cklos said:

@shypup Wow, how astute and practical of a decision! Right now I feel like my emotions are getting the best of me with each email/acceptance, but good for you to be able to make such a decision. When you feel a program fits you, and you just know, that's all that really matters!

*tagged the wrong person!

1 hour ago, rebkhan said:

@Tomcat I felt I did as well as I could have done, that day, as myself. If I’m not up to Yale standards or they’re curating a specific group of incoming grads and I don’t fit, at least I won’t be kicking myself that I could have prepared more or something. I felt a good flow during the presentation and enjoyed the question and answer section. I left feeling positive but not sure if I convinced them completely that I would be a good fit. Who knows! We’ll see.

Word. It’s a small group and everyone plays a roll, however they end up building this years group is anybody’s guess. All you can do is be yourself and make good work. Good luck everybody. I guess we’ll all probably know Friday?

Well, I definitely didn't meet any of Yale's excess mandatory interview requirements, with good cause of course. Just considering how fickle their admission process is, I'm finding more and more difficult to imagine them admitting me at all! The interview was very conversational and productive, they not only asked the anticipated questions, they went on to make pretty profound questions and observations regarding the work. So I'm hoping they find it in their hearts to accept a domestic applicant without an in-person interview or physical work. 

7 minutes ago, Zander said:

Did anyone notice any changes in their Yale submission portal...

Like what? Just checked mine and it looks the same though I’m on mobile.

Nope, just being nosy....hope I didn't freak out anyone?!?!I Emailed my website information at their request last week by no hits from them, what gives? Guess they didn't need it to make a decision...

The letter says "by March 10th" but I've seen someone post Friday, March 9th. Regardless we should hear something before Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, Sarabi2744 said:

Im sure ive missed this somewhere, but when are the decisions being let out? is there an actual date or its all just at random like the rest of the process has been....

Yep, for the past few years, it's been on the second Friday of March. Looking at the timestamps of the previous years, we should here tomorrow night!