Yale MFA 2018

Sylvieee

15 minutes ago, Kkkkate said:

Applied to painting for my third time this year. I had an interview and was rejected the first year,  and last year was just plain rejected. Good luck everyone! 

Almost same but I got rejected the first time, interviewed last year, and hopeful this year. Best of luck! 

11 hours ago, Sylvieee said:

Still trying to figure that out.......

Also interested in what others are doing tomorrow in the evening while waiting??

Going rock climbing/bouldering because it's the only thing that truly keeps my mind off of things!! Whatever happens, we'll be okay guys! We'll keep chugging along and making art :)  the anticipation is DEFINITELY worse than the rejection will be haha. 

2 hours ago, Kkkkate said:

Applied to painting for my third time this year. I had an interview and was rejected the first year,  and last year was just plain rejected. Good luck everyone! 

It's great to hear that you're still at it! Best of luck, I hope that the third time is the charm for you!

Props to all the folks on their second or third try- that's real! I know someone who applied twice- waitlisted the first time, interviewed and rejected second time. 

I'm applying for the first time. I may apply again if I get rejected from everywhere else haha

It’s the first time ever I reply to an MFA program and I only applied to Yale. I got rejected. I  do feel it in my stomach, however, I guess I have to get used to the fact that I can be rejected, and  if I want to be a professional artist I will probably be rejected many times in different places. So I learned something. Good luck all. If I want to try again do I have to wait an entire year? And do they put me in a separate file as someone who was rejected already? Does this affect the next outcome? Who knows. . I wonder if there’s a way to learn of why I got rejected  so I could better prepare myself next time.

On 1/23/2018 at 4:33 PM, Hemlock028 said:

Hi guys! I've been creeping hard on these forums but haven't made an account, but I am now because waiting turns out to be the hardest part! I also focused this application cycle on Yale because my photo professors from undergrad went there and I love all of the artists that either work there are come out of the program. I guess we've all done everything we can do and we'll hopefully hear soon! What is everyone doing to distract themselves??

A huge congratulations to everyone who got an interview! I didn't get one myself, but it's been heartwarming to go through this with you all! Best of luck!

Would love to see the work of anyone who got an interview! Especially photography. (Feel free to send in a message if you want to keep anonymous on the forum) Sincerely excited for you all!

Love and support to those who didn't get interviews as well! :wub:

5 minutes ago, Sylvieee said:

A huge congratulations to everyone who got an interview! I didn't get one myself, but it's been heartwarming to go through this with you all! Best of luck!

Would love to see the work of anyone who got an interview! Especially photography. (Feel free to send in a message if you want to keep anonymous on the forum) Sincerely excited for you all!

Love and support to those who didn't get interviews as well! :wub:

Likewise, congratulations to everyone making the next step toward interviews. Would love to see work from painting applicants.

First timer here. Congrats to everyone else who got interviews!

I have not scheduled my interview yet. I'm wondering if it's wise to hold out a few days to see if I get any requests from any other East coast schools to plan my trip, but it also might not be smart to wait..

1 hour ago, Lipa said:

It’s the first time ever I reply to an MFA program and I only applied to Yale. I got rejected. I  do feel it in my stomach, however, I guess I have to get used to the fact that I can be rejected, and  if I want to be a professional artist I will probably be rejected many times in different places. So I learned something. Good luck all. If I want to try again do I have to wait an entire year? And do they put me in a separate file as someone who was rejected already? Does this affect the next outcome? Who knows. . I wonder if there’s a way to learn of why I got rejected  so I could better prepare myself next time.

I think that applying again is a good idea and also shows persistence, and a lot of people who get interviews/ get in did just that. Also, I think after maturity, skill and ideas are considered, with Yale it's really up to chance. As it's been said here, they're curating a class- so a rejection should not be taken as a personal offense.